Digital Cinema Trailer Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
DIGITAL CINEMA TRAILER TECHNICIAN
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Deluxe Digital London, part of the Deluxe group, are the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market.
In this busy and demanding role you will be responsible for managing the creation of digital file based output of picture and audio elements from receipt of master files, through to completion of Digital Cinema Packages and the transcoding of other deliverable files ready for delivery internally or externally. You will be using both industry standard and bespoke software to ensure that our client's demands are satisfied within their timescales and to a high standard. You should be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own and be accustomed to shift work.
You will be using industry standard and bespoke software to ensure that our client's demands are satisfied within their timescales and to a high standard. You should be able to work as part of a team working 24/7.
• To deliver a high quality of service to both internal and external clients.
• To coordinate a wide range of technical tasks including but not limited to;
- Preparation of picture and audio elements for technical output throughout the facility.
- Encoding Files to the required DCI technical specifications.
- Encoding Files to the required broadcast technical specifications.
- Creation of finished 2D and 3D DCP's and other deliverable files.
- Technical QC of 2D and 3D master deliverable files for International Distribution.
- Basic Audio manipulation to conform to digital cinema standards
- Bi-directional colour conversions to internal departments for localised compositing and Digital Cinema mastering.
- Creation of H264 subtitling reference files of trailers and features for internal and external use
- Creating versioned QT files for online debut release
- Responsibility for technical output from the Trailer and Digital Cinema Departments.
- Working with multiple client bases under differing pressures from each.
• Adherence to industry technical specifications and keeping up to date with industry advancements on the procedures required for DCI compliant delivery.
• Creating all associated paperwork including but not limited to QC reports and label materials as appropriate.
• To coordinate a wide range of operational and administrative tasks including but not limited to; scheduling resources, managing work orders, bookings and relationships with clients.
• Operational project management to ensure smooth running of jobs.
• Provide an accountable response to technical queries from staff and clients.
• Feedback to account management where further information or detail is required.
• Support the senior members of staff in maintaining the accuracy of all associated paperwork including but not limited to specific work order information and updates on status of work orders.
• Update the Engineering department on any issues that may affect operational efficiency. (e.g. equipment maintenance required).
• Working with and liaising with other internal departments.
• Direct correspondence where necessary and responsibility for delivery of content to distribution for duplication for international distribution.
• Develop departmental procedures and look to improve standard practices in this challenging and constantly changing market.
• Completion of ad-hoc project work as specified by your manager.
• Adhere to current policies and procedures relating to health and safety.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of respective developments in film technologies.
• Act as an ambassador for the Company.
Picture and Audio editing / conforming, sound syncing and colour conversion experience is desirable for this role. Experience of Digital Cinema Mastering; Cinema systems and/or experience in VT and broadcast Transcoding would also be desirable.
You should have a solid knowledge of all the main Film & Digital file formats, plus knowledge of File Encoding and Transcoding.
The role will involve working with some of the latest digital cinema technologies including Clipster, Cipher, transcoding systems and Protools. Familiarity of these or comparable timeline based systems would be desirable.
Successful candidates will ideally have experience within a similar post production finishing or digital cinema environment and be used to working to tight deadlines whilst producing a high quality work.
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good trouble-shooting skills
• Ability to deal with a high standard of productivity
• Good working knowledge of technical software and related systems
• Strong IT literacy
• Ability to follow and manage workflows
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to work shift patterns
• Ability to handle high pressure situations and sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to prioritise, manage orders and work to strict deadlines
• Ability to multi-task
• Methodical approach to work
(e.g. common sense, diplomacy, initiative)
• Polite and professional with a positive and optimistic approach
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain focus
• Ability to work on own initiative however also be a good team player
• Flexible with the ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours.
At Deluxe, we work with the following values:
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.