Digital Cinema Technical Operator
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job Title: Digital Cinema Technical Operator
Reports to: Head of Feature Mastering
Business Unit or Function: Deluxe Entertainment Services Group
Start Date: TBC
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business. Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours.
Our company values follow.
Be Pioneers:?We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity:?Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity:?We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership:?We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate:?Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations:?We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.
Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema are the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market. In this busy and demanding role, you will be working within the trailers/features mastering department and will be responsible for the creation of Digital Cinema Packages from the receipt of the distribution master elements, through to the completion of the finished package, including relevant quality checks where necessary.
You will be using industry standard and bespoke software to ensure that our clients' demands are satisfied within their timescales and to a high standard. You should be able to work as part of a team operating 24/7.
The Digital Cinema Mastering Operator is responsible for the creation of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs). Elements handled Include image, sound and subtitles, from various source formats and must be conformed to client specification and DCI standard for theatrical release. Operators will be using industry standard and bespoke software (such as Cipher, DVS Clipster, Wailua) to produce DCPs in an MXF Interop or SMPTE format.
You must be able to work as part of a 24/7 team. Successful candidates should have experience within a post-production finishing or digital cinema environment and be used to working to tight deadlines whilst producing high quality work.
All relevant training will be provided to fulfil this role.
• Mastering of dubbed, Subtitled, 2D, 3D, 2D, 4K, Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs)
• Use of Cipher, DVS Clipster and potentially Wailua
• Perform validation of DCPs
• Creation of Asset-Cleaned or Packaging List packages
• Record accurate information in the work order systems and database
• Perform soft QC checks on DCPs
• Communicate production issues to Producers and Supervisors
• Troubleshoot issues raised internally and externally regarding DCPs.
• Shift Pattern: 7 Day-Night Fortnight shift pattern
• Two to three years of experience at another content creation or Digital Cinema facility
• A good understanding of mathematics
• Proficient with Linux, Windows, or XML
• Knowledge of diverse audio and video format (Tiff, Jpeg2000, QT, wav)
• Knowledge of the DCI Naming Convention.
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema workflows and standards. (Mastering and/or QC)
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema mastering tools: DVS Clipster, Wailua
Knowledge & Skills
• Able to work shift patterns
• Ability to handle high pressure situations and sensitive and confidential information
• Detail oriented and strong organisational skills
• Good trouble-shooting skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain focus
• Ability to work on own initiative and also be a good team player
• Good working knowledge of technical software and related systems
• Proven experience in a similar technical environment
• A drive to better your own understanding of Digital Cinema
• An understanding of film post production and associated technologies
• Technically minded individual
• Good eye for details
• Work shifted hours
• To be London based
• To be open for overtime if available