Digital Cinema Operator
Deluxe EntertainmentToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Digital Cinema Operator – Night Shift
The operator is responsible for encoding, packaging and QC evaluation of DCI content. The operator interfaces with the client during supervised QC sessions. The operator must have previous experience in a post-production environment.
• Process hard drive returns to be used again for replication
• Operate computer hard drive replication hardware in order to make copies of movies and trailers for theatrical release.
• Ensure that all elements are securely stored and handled
• Move at least 50lbs of content throughout each shift
• Manage workload with maximum time efficiency
• Work quickly with minimal errors and communicate any errors clearly and efficiently with team members
What You Bring
• At least 3-6 months shipping/receiving experience
• Must be comfortable handling and moving up to 50lbs of drives
• Must have excellent keyboarding skills
• Must have good communication skills, both oral and written
• Must have strong problem-solving skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage workload, and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Xytech is an asset
• Familiar with Digital Cinema procedures (Encoding/DataIO/Quality Control) is an asset
• Knowledge of the video, film and production industry is an asset
• The work week will be Saturday through Wednesday
• Must be able to work night shifts
• Other duties may be assigned
• Overtime when required
• This is a full-time role with a competitive benefits package
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. Please inform the company's Human Resources representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.