Digital Asset Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Digital Asset Technician
We currently have an opening for a Digital Asset Technician in our Deliverables/Quality Assurance Department (DAM). This is our incoming and outgoing hub of digital media specifically for our Audio department. The DAM will oversee day to day work with the DAM team as well as coordinating with Client Services to complete daily assignments. Additionally, the DAM will oversee and delegate management of our onsite storage network as well as shared network devices.
The DAM will be asked to spearhead new workflow assessment and documentation, fixing work that has been rejected, updating workflows, and taking corrective measures within the DAM team to address issues.
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
• Assist DAM Technicians with completing daily job assignments
• Train new DAM Technicians and oversee implementation of new and adjusted workflows
• Oversee work corrections and special requests from Client Services
• Creation of deliverables for physical audio assets, such as: DVD-Rs and hard drives.
• Creation of deliverables for digital audio assets, such as: Pro Tools sessions, audio files, Quicktime wraps, etc.
• Send and receive files to and from various vendors and clients through digital file delivery systems.
• Archive and restore audio and video assets to and from LTO tapes.
• Oversee management of SAN storage for the facility.
• Work with mixers and clients on mix stages to ensure all required assets are available for sessions, including the building of Pro Tools video satellite sessions, ADR prep sessions, etc.
• Other assignments as instructed
What You Bring
• Proven problem solver that can work both independently and present solutions to the team
• Strong understanding of Pro Tools, including basic troubleshooting, plug-in installation, basic audio channel configurations, as well as some basic understanding of Quicktime, Final Cut Pro, and various other industry-standard applications.
• Understand digital file transfer using different protocol i.e. Aspera, DigiDelivery, Signiant, FTP, Media Exchange. Knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud services preferred.
• Working knowledge of various digital audio and video formats, file types and resolutions, file rendering, and video frame rates.
• Individual must know basic operation and troubleshooting for PCs and Macs.
• Strong organizational, communication (verbal and written), documentation, and computer skills.
• Must be able to follow instructions and handle multiple projects in busy production environment.
• Must have the ability to contribute to the team environment.
• Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and be extremely detail-oriented.
• Individual must be available to work overtime and/or including weekends.
• Familiarity with DLT, LTO, Magneto Optical discs is preferred
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.