Data Io Operator
Deluxe EntertainmentToronto, ON
Full Time Job
**Please note: This is a one year contract position**
• Process file deliveries from a variety of online sources including Aspera, Signiant, Smart Jog, FTP and the DGN.
• Process sensitive material efficiently and error free.
• Moving, copying, and deleting project files to and from the SAN.
• Media preparation, formatting, and loading of data to various formats (LTO, External Drives).
• File zipping/unzipping and conversions as required for each department.
• Maintaining and tracking of physical and electronic media assets.
• Handle & offload raw camera, sound media cards and hard-drives arriving from set.
• Complete file verification for files using supplied checksums.
• Assisting and/or leading movement of data throughout the Postproduction pipeline.
• SAN Management/Maintenance and Monitoring of usable disk space.
• Coordinate with other Deluxe companies and outside providers regarding data deliveries.
• Assist in creating and maintaining databases/spreadsheets and directory structures for ongoing client projects.
• Database/Spreadsheet data entry as required.
• Administrative duties such as documenting and reconciling of all work done.
• Communicate questions and information via e-mail/Slack on a regular basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Background or training in IT, computer science or new media.
• Advanced knowledge of file and data formats.
• Possess a profound attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to manage large workloads.
• Very good communication skills both oral and written.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems including command line. UNIX/Mac and Dos Shell scripting would be an asset.
• Experience in Film and Television post production environment would be an asset.
• Experience with Slack and MS Office required.
• Rotating shifts, days, evenings, nights and weekends may be required from time to time for vacation coverage.