Data I / O Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 5:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Data I / O Technician jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Data I / O Technician postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Data I / O Technician?
Full Time Job
Data I/O Technician
A Data/I/O Technician's principle responsibility consists of managing content for Deluxe, assuring all security protocols are followed and the data deliverables are accurate.
DCPs and source elements are ingested so any department or other personnel have access to them to perform their duties. After completion of assignments, the Data Technician verifies the accurate return, creates a backup, and delivers it to the designated destinations (clients, theaters, etc.). The Data Technician also troubleshoots technical issues regarding SAN, OS, drives, transfers and escalates the issues to all appropriate parties when necessary.
A Day in the Life of this role includes:
• Manage all incoming and outgoing data
• SAN clean-up and archiving
• Ensure security protocols are followed
• Ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries
What You Bring:
• Willingness to work overtime and weekends.
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem resolution skills
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and tasks and prioritize work; works well under pressure
• Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows (including reading, writing, browsing, safely deleting, organizing, running scripts, and troubleshooting)
• Comfortable with Unix command line
• Understanding of computer networks, including hardware, protocols and firewalls in a production environment; Can minimally assist Engineering with troubleshooting
• Experience using multiple types of physical media (including how to mount them in all environments, troubleshoot issues, understand/articulate transfer speed capabilities)
• Ability to pick up new workflows quickly and adapt to ever changing technology
• Experience with and understanding of electronic delivery services (Aspera products, Signiant products, etc.)
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema workflows, standards, and mastering tools
• Experience and understanding of anti-piracy measures and the relationship with Security in a Production/Distribution environment.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.