Data I/O Operator
Deluxe EntertainmentSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Data I/O Operator is responsible for the secure transfer of all data entering or leaving the Mastering department. They are responsible for maintaining the Storage Area Network, and for archiving all createdcontent. They must ensure that all security protocols are followed when dealing with sensitive material and must ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries.
• Manage all incoming and outgoing data
• SAN clean-up and archiving
• Ensure security protocols are followed
• Ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries
• Willingness to work an overnight shift on the weekend.
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem resolution skills.
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and tasks; works well under pressure
• Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows (including reading, writing, browsing, safely deleting, organizing, running scripts, and troubleshooting)
• Comfortable with Unix command line,understanding of computer networks, including hardware, protocols and firewalls in a production environment; Can minimally assist Engineering with troubleshooting
• Experience using multiple types of physical media, Drives, LTOs, DTF, SAIT… (including how to mount them in all environments, troubleshoot issues, understand/articulate transfer speed capabilities)
• Ability to pick up new workflows quickly and adapt to ever changing technology
• Experience with and understanding of electronic delivery services (Aspera & Signiant products, etc.)
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema workflows, standards, and mastering tools
• Experience and understanding of anti-piracy measures and the relationship with Security in a Production environment.
• 2 years of experience in Post Production environment is preferred
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience
• Computer Science Degree preferred.