Data I / O Lead
Deluxe EntertainmentSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
DATA I/O LEAD
The Data I/O Lead is responsible for overseeing Data I/O team and day-to-day department operations.
This department facilitates the digital and physical movement of media and SAN management, from
onboarding to archival/final deliverables, while ensuring all security protocols are followed. Works directly
with Producing and Operational staff for Theatrical, Commercials, Broadcast, and Marketing. Must be
able to these duties in a high pressure environment while maintaining accuracy, efficiency, and
• Manage all incoming and outgoing data.
• SAN clean-up, maintenance, and archiving.
• Ensure security protocols are followed.
• Ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries.
• Liaison for the department as a point of contact for production, creative talent, and operations for insight
into ongoing work and prioritizing time sensitive material to meet show needs and deadlines.
• Assists in coordinating on-going training programs to increase knowledge level of the team.
• Assists in developing and implementation of Data I/O processes.
• Identify areas of improvement to existing workflows.
• Design, implement, and update workflows within department.
• Work with Operations to communicate ETAs and issues back to Producers.
• Work with Engineering and Producing teams to escalates issues in a timely manner.
• Work with Devops to identify, build, and improve workflow and pipeline tools, based on evolving needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to interface with producers, management with opportunities for
limited client interaction.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle and to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
• Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
• Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
• Sound business judgment and integrity.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Familiarity with Shell scripting and Python.
• Workflow/pipeline experience.
• Knowledge of various media formats such as LTO and hard drives.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Linux, Macintosh and Windows operating systems in a Post
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience.
• Computer Science Degree preferred.