Deluxe EntertainmentBangalore, KA
Full Time Job
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and supporting data infrastructure and data pipelines that feed a data lake and an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to meet Enterprise BI needs. Success will be accomplished by understanding information requirements and leveraging best of breed technologies in AWS cloud and use of third-party tools to design and develop optimal data pipelines for both real time and batch workloads. Successful candidates should possess strong SQL skills, should be hands on developing ETL/ELT workflows, and managing database systems and data platforms. In addition, candidates should possess good communication, technical documentation, and presentation skills.
• Work with BI team, application teams, and data architects to engineer optimal data pipelines.
• Create and maintain data pipelines to assemble disparate data sets from internal systems and third-party sources that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Design and build optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of all varieties of data under varied volume and velocity conditions using SQL and AWS big data technologies adopting batch and real time stream processing as the use case demands.
• Assist with identification, design, and development to implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning data infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Keep data segregated and secure in line with Deluxe policies and procedures.
• Work with various data stakeholders to assist with data related technical issues and support their data needs. Ensure that support requests are logged in the ticketing system, remediated within SLA bounds, and root cause analysis performed to mitigate future incidents.
• Assist with requirements prioritization, data quality, integration, and quality assurance testing.
• Follow best practices on code development and change management adhering to standards, code versioning, approval workflows, and deployments.
• Assist with database administration tasks such as schema provisioning, access authorizations, data replication, and system and query performance.
• Develop documentation templates appropriate for the role and generate business and technical documentation to augment best practices.
• Hands on experience with ETL/ ELT tools. SSIS experience is mandatory.
• Strong experience building end to end data pipelines in a data warehouse environment.
• A good working knowledge of data warehouse architecture patterns including operational data stores and data marts.
• Experience with SQL Server and Postgres databases with excellent SQL and backend development skills.
• Light database administration experience with relational databases to manage provisioning, replication, security, and performance. Candidate must be willing to learn and develop database administration skills.
• Scripting experience with PowerShell and Unix shells.
• Hands-on exposure to AWS data platform, services, and tools is desirable. Python experience is a plus. Candidate should be willing to learn and train on new data engineering skills in cloud environment.
• Ability to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to get things done. Must be very detail oriented and execute with a mindset to turn out quality solutions to avoid rework.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 5+ years' industry experience in data warehousing, data orchestration and management.