Dailies Colorist / Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentAustin, TX
Full Time Job
Location: Austin, TX
The Dailies Technician reports to the Director, EC3 with a dotted line to Producers and Engineers. This is a multi-faceted role that requires cross training in multiple curriculums. The Technician will primarily be responsible for providing dailies services, including logging and syncing, ingest of client picture and sound files, creation, quality control, and client delivery of dailies deliverables, archiving, and data management. While working on a dailies show, the technician will provide support for the dailies colorist and help expedite deliveries. In addition, the technician will be cross-trained on all proprietary software applications, monitor calibration, location system breakdown, shipping and receiving and to cover for Production on an as needed basis.
• Responsible for data IO activities including, receive and write client media, manage space on local SAN, manage LTO archives, ingest picture via mags, cards, drives, ingest Audio via CF Card, DVD-RAM and drives, checksum MD5s, Aspera / FTP, uploads to PIX, Sample Digital, copy media to iPad, rugged shuttle drives, etc., safe data management best practices at all times.
• Candidates will be required to sync audio to image, via time code, and slide as necessary where no TC match, check levels via audio meter, and QC image and audio and check against camera, sound, and script supervisor reports
• Technician will perform thorough quality control checks noting artifacts, missing frames, missing picture, failed checksums, spot soft focus, exposure problems, check the vector scope and waveform monitor to identify exposure concerns and check against notes from supplied reports
• Content Creation and QC (Avid, FCP, H.264, DVD, Blu Ray, HDSR, and other deliverables)
• Ensure accurate reporting, communicating concerns with above processes to Dailies Producer, log TRTs of incoming footages, submit completion reports, log hours worked and upload and email ALEs, Flex Files, Avid Bins, and NDRs
• Test, configure and install eVue systems in the field.
• Calibrate monitors for internal use and for clients upon request.
• Assist with shipping, receiving and RMAs.
• Assist with all Dailies functions as needed.
• Excellent work ethic and positive attitude.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Desire to learn and contribute to the development of a new department.
• Ability to work independently and remain calm in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills a MUST.
• Experience with motion picture images and QC a plus.
• Experience with Resolve, Colorfront OSD and EXD a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications.
• A proficient understanding of all tools used in dailies.
• Extensive travel will be required.
The EC3 Technician schedule will change based on department needs. The candidate must be willing to travel, work in other locations for months at a time, work nights and day shifts.