Content Mastering Editor
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
About the Content Mastering team:
The Content Mastering Team is responsible for all non -theatrical Foreign Language Mastering and Component Mastering projects,
In addition to this we are responsible for the Compliance edit workflow for BBC Studios (Formerly BBC Worldwide).
We also we look after numerous versioning, compliance and edit requirements for multiple clients.
About the Opportunity – Content Mastering Operator
The Content Mastering role is a challenging and varied position, requiring multiple skill sets, primarily audio and video editing. The CM Operator will find themselves working on a wide range of feature and episodic content from the primary studios based in Burbank, who make up our core client base.
Overview of responsibilities:
• To conform, edit and localise content as specified by the Scheduling team and The Content Mastering Supervisors.
• To perform compliance edits, as directed from an EDL or client attend, to create broadcast compliant master files
• To be responsible for completing general audio duties such as Conforms and Laybacks in an accurate and timely manner to file and tape formats.
• To comply with technical specifications to maintain consistency within the department
• To efficiently fulfil all requests from the bookings team and management, as promptly as possible
• To liaise with bookings, colleagues and management with regards to maintaining deadlines
• Regular housekeeping of all relevant systems, as directed
• Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
• Fully Conversant with Adobe Premier
• Experience with ProTools would be an advantage
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop would be an advantage
• To be comfortable working under pressure, sometimes in a client attended environment
• To have a good understanding of international broadcast standards and frame rates
• Familiar with audio and video file and tape formats
• Experience of working within a post-production environment is essential
• Experience of operating VTR decks e.g. HDCam SR, DigiBeta is an advantage
• Working knowledge of digital post production workflows
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Flexible approach
• IT Literate
Hours of Work: 11.hr. shift pattern, averaging 77 hours a fortnight, including weekends.
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values follow.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.