Cleanup Animation Supervisor
Deluxe EntertainmentToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Position: Cleanup Animation Supervisor
Reports to: Technical Producer
Location: Toronto, ON
Facility: 2 Fraser Avenue
Cleanup Animation Supervisor
Deluxe Animation Studios is a global animation service provider supporting creators in bringing their stories to life. Our team of world-class animation production veterans are innovators and problem-solvers.
We're currently seeking a highly skilled Clean Up Animation Supervisor for a 2D animated feature film. The Clean Up Animation Supervisor will oversee the entire process of Animation Clean Up of all characters, crowds and props. The Clean Up Animation Supervisor will help establish the projects visual aesthetic and carry out its completion, on schedule, with an international team of artists. This role reports directly to the Technical Producer.
- Your Impact/What You'll Be Doing
• Collaborate with Director and key creative team to explore and develop a consistent animation style and line quality, working from 2D visual development reference.
• Drive the realization of the Director's vision through the creation of consistent, compelling and emotional performances.
• Must be able to work from and interpret storyboards, animatics, layouts, to create high-quality traditional animation while maintaining strong shot-to-shot continuity.
• Collaborate with the Pipeline team in the creation of animation pipeline workflow and support their implementation throughout the production.
• Oversee delegation, review and approval of all shots with local and international artists with Deluxe Animations Studios proprietary systems.
• Conduct steps for animation clean up review and approvals, meeting the look and needs of the production and the Director's vision. This includes properly executing changes and notes from key creative team in a timely manner.
• Support all departments with fixes/changes and any issues that may arrive during production.
• Collaborate with a team of international artists.
- What you bring to the team
• Bachelor's degree in Animation, Film, Art or equivalent professional work experience.
• Minimum 3+ years of Traditional 2D feature or series animation/clean up experience.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with Supervisors, Technical Directors and Production Management throughout a project.
• Demonstrated leadership and coaching abilities.
• Self-driven, strong communicator and motivator.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and solve problems.
• Proficient in animation in ToonBoom Harmony.
• Good sense of traditionally animated timing, model and spacing.
• Strong understanding of technical basis in 2D animation.
• Strong draftsman skills and an understanding of acting, posing and storytelling techniques.
• Link to Demo Reel/Portfolio showcasing 2D Animation work done in recent years.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
Company? Benefits & Perks
• We have a great company culture! We value our crew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering these amazing projects
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
• We're located in the heart of Liberty Village, close to amenities and easily accessible by public transit
• We dress casual and comfortable
• Cereal bar, unlimited oatmeal, unlimited coffee, tea, fruits, and snacks!
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.