Deluxe EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CHARACTER TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Method Studios New York is looking for a Character TD to join their team of artist.
• Create and develop elegant rigs using Maya.
• Work in partnership with the CG team to come up with advanced but technically sound solutions to enhance our character technology and creation processes.
• R&D new deformation approaches, advanced methods to create rigs, and enhance existing Maya toolsets using python and Maya API.
• Must have good tools design logic. Keep things as simple as possible while creating complex projects.
• Experience working with FACS based facial rigging system is a plus.
• Develop long-term strategies
• Assist CG artists with technical animation related, but not limited to fur, hair, clothing, particle effects, animation and rendering.
• Research and develop new tools, methodologies and techniques as needed.
• Interface with Pipeline and stay current with studio standards and pipeline tools
• Preferable a minimum 3 years work experience in feature film/broadcast/commercial VFX production.
• Strong programming skills. Must know Python and C++ very well. Experience with MEL is helpful.
• Strong knowledge and experience with the Maya API and creating plugins.
• Strong Math skills, ie: Linear Algebra, thorough understanding of matrices, vectors and transformations in 3D.
• Strong Maya production experience a big plus.
• Knowledge of Houdini is a plus.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Willingness to learn and grow further.
• Must be a self starter. Solid time and project management skills.
• Must be willing to take direction well, a good team player, and have good work ethics