Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Encore, a Deluxe Entertainment Services Group company, has a position in its visual effects department in Vancouver, Canada. Encore is an Emmy award winning VFX house, providing outstanding visual effects work for television and motion pictures. Encore provides post production services to top television series and is owned by Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. Deluxe is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and an international client base.
We currently have an opening for a CG Supervisor with extensive background and experience in lighting and lookdev. The position will be located in Vancouver, Canada.
The CG Supervisor will ensure the throughput of shots and assets to completion via client approval while maintaining a functioning environment where the artists and clients can focus on performance without technical hindrance.
• Working in conjunction with the VFX Supervisor, Producer, and Production Manager to develop a strong and flexible CG pipeline
• Working with the Project Coordinator and Producer to facilitate the scheduling of artists and resources
• Working with the VFX Supervisors to provide artistic and technical notes to the team
• Developing, maintaining, and/or approving 3D techniques
• Providing team-building by developing structure
• Leading artists, while delegating roles and responsibilities
• Following CG elements from concept through to final comp, overseeing all elements created by the CG team
• Conducting industry research and development
• Designing, executing, and managing high-level CG for use in final compositing through a team, reporting progress to the VFX Supervisor
• May also be called upon to work ''on the box'' as the lead artist as show size and needs require
• Addresses the body of work arriving from scanning, previews for initial color-correction requirements and initial shot composite requirements
• Monitors shot continuity in all aspects of quality control, including final color-correction for timely delivery
• Oversees training of new team members & facilitates production needs with every team member
• Maintains team morale
• Strong R&D capabilities
• Ability to test new techniques and technology as necessary
• Software knowledge
• Should have good working knowledge utilizing Maya, 3dsMax, VRay.
• Working knowledge of Krakatoa, Houdini, Fume, RedShift and Syntheyes a plus
• Proven 5 years in the industry plus a minimum of 1 years supervising
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is the global leader in digital services and technology solutions for content creation and delivery. Since 1915 Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences. Deluxe Creative companies house the world's top talent, amplified through a unified technology and business infrastructure to streamline processes, move media seamlessly, and connect our teams globally. Deluxe Delivery Solutions offer everything clients need to transform and deliver content in any format and release or broadcast window, for any recipient, to any device and destination. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of 7,000 of the industry's premier artists, experts, and innovators.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.