Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The overall assignment is to produce and deliver pre-recorded subtitles to the standards as dictated by the Company and its clients.
• To prepare accurate subtitles according to required standards and styles, meeting specific client specifications, within the time-frame required by the project, troubleshooting where necessary
• To successfully edit programmed content, accurately interpreting the soundtrack and retaining sense and meaning.
• To QC existing subtitle files
• To deliver subtitle files of the required quality for transmission without the need for further support or intervention
• To liaise with stakeholders where necessary to ensure the completion of late-delivered and/or emergency material.
• To utilise scripted material in order to maximise output
• To record output figures as required
• To be reactive and responsive to feedback, suggesting and implementing improvements and efficiencies where necessary
• To communicate effectively with allocators and admin staff, ensuring email and, if working remotely, mobile contact is maintained throughout working hours
• If working remotely, to ensure broadband connection is maintained and is of sufficient speed to ensure delivery to deadline
• Other reasonable duties as assigned.
The following skills and abilities are viewed as necessary to enable the role of Freelance Subtitler to be carried out efficiently and to meet client/business needs.
• To demonstrate sufficient knowledge and the ability to use subtitling software.
• To possess the ability to adapt to different subtitling styles to meet changing needs of clients and, where necessary, to improve output
• To demonstrate levels of literacy commensurate with the position
• To be able to accept constructive feedback and react accordingly to change and improvement
• To demonstrate communication abilities as dictated by the working environment
• Candidates should have previous experience of subtitling for broadcast, DVD or cinema projects on a professional basis and be familiar with Ofcom requirements.
• Candidates must have sufficient language skills to subtitle in English for the deaf and hard of hearing.
• Candidates should preferably own their own software and be able to subtitle remotely, although consideration will be given to freelance subtitlers who are willing to base themselves at our West London office.
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours.
At Deluxe, we work with the following values:
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.