Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 7/1/2020 8:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Casual Subtitlers jobs in London-UK
Search all Casual Subtitlers postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Casual Subtitlers? Assignment
The overall assignment is to produce and deliver pre-recorded subtitles to the standards as dictated by the Company and its clients.
• To prepare accurate subtitles according to required standards and styles, meeting specific client specifications, within the time-frame required by the project, troubleshooting where necessary
• To successfully edit programmed content, accurately interpreting the soundtrack and retaining sense and meaning.
• To QC existing subtitle files
• To deliver subtitle files of the required quality for transmission without the need for further support or intervention
• To liaise with stakeholders where necessary to ensure the completion of late-delivered and/or emergency material.
• To utilise scripted material in order to maximise output
• To record output figures as required
• To be reactive and responsive to feedback, suggesting and implementing improvements and efficiencies where necessary
• To communicate effectively with allocators and admin staff, ensuring email and, if working remotely, mobile contact is maintained throughout working hours
• If working remotely, to ensure broadband connection is maintained and is of sufficient speed to ensure delivery to deadline
• Other reasonable duties as assigned.
The following skills and abilities are viewed as necessary to enable the role of Freelance Subtitler to be carried out efficiently and to meet client/business needs.
• To demonstrate sufficient knowledge and the ability to use subtitling software.
• To possess the ability to adapt to different subtitling styles to meet changing needs of clients and, where necessary, to improve output
• To demonstrate levels of literacy commensurate with the position
• To be able to accept constructive feedback and react accordingly to change and improvement
• To demonstrate communication abilities as dictated by the working environment
• Candidates should have previous experience of subtitling for broadcast, DVD or cinema projects on a professional basis and be familiar with Ofcom requirements.
• Candidates must have sufficient language skills to subtitle in English for the deaf and hard of hearing.
• Candidates should preferably own their own software and be able to subtitle remotely, although consideration will be given to freelance subtitlers who are willing to base themselves at our West London office. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.