Associate Linguistic Quality Control Specialist
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Linguistic Specialist – freelance / casual
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours.
At Deluxe, we work with the following values:
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.
• Quality Control of subtitle files for theatrical projects for worldwide markets.
• A variety of production tasks that require applied language skills, such as spotting, timing, translation, proof, reworking repurposed material, corrections, foreign dialogue verification
• A variety of production tasks that require technical skills, using proprietary and commercial software, including script cleaning, rendering of subtitle images, video ingest
• Creation of subtitle files in your native language, including transcription from audio, translation from template, translation from audio, adaptation from existing material
• Communicate with the coordinators and account managers responsible for overseeing the projects
• Ensure that deadlines are met
• Testing and debugging of proprietary software
• Contribute actively to the training of new employees and serve as a mentor as to training approaches used by team; provide input for evaluations
• Maintain and update guidelines for internal use
• Maintain and update work instructions and checklists for departmental staff
• Create ad-hoc workflows for one-off special projects
• Create work instructions for new procedures
• Multi-tasking, problem-solving, decision-making, and keeping abreast of new procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Translation (or equivalent)
• Proven experience in editorial, proofreading and/or translation
• Excellent command of English, and at least one other language
• Strong analytical skills
• Broad cultural knowledge and wide range of interest
• Team player, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work under pressure of a deadline
• Good command of Microsoft Windows systems and Microsoft Office Suite
• Background in audiovisual and film production an asset
• Position reports to Head of UK localisation