Assistant Art Director
Deluxe EntertainmentToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Assistant Art Director
Deluxe Animation Studios provide concept-through-delivery development and production services for clients seeking 2D, 3D and hybrid animation services.
The Assistant Art Director will oversee and help establish the visual aesthetics for all characters, sets, and props for a 3D animated episodic series.
• Collaborate with Director, Art Director, and Department Heads to explore, develop, and implement the visual style of all assets and shots of the project.
• Create concept and development artwork for characters, costumes, props, sets, and backgrounds.
• Oversee delegation, and review of artwork for all assets and shots with local and international artists.
• Conduct steps for artwork review with the Art Director, meeting the look and needs for the series' production. This includes properly executing changes and notes from key creative team on a project in a timely manner.
• Training and coaching the design team to produce high-end artwork properly and on schedule. This includes establishing training materials, department procedures, helping to improve and develop tools, answering questions and working with artists to find creative solutions for problems that may arise.
• Help to ensure final lit and rendered assets tie back to design pack.
• Manage and maintain targets and quotas for their department.
• Support all departments with fixes/changes and any modeling issues that may arrive during production.
• Bachelor's degree in Animation, Film, Art or equivalent professional work experience.
• 3+ years of feature or series animation leadership experience.
• Strong artistic skillset and ability to work in various styles.
• Ability to iterate and create variations.
• Must be open to and encouraging of receiving notes and direction.
• Ability to create and understand orthographic views.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with Supervisors, Technical Directors and Production Management throughout a project.
• Link to Demo Reel/Portfolio showcasing Art Direction work done in recent years.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop. Experience with other programs a plus.
Benefits & Perks
• We have a great company culture. We value our crew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering the amazing projects we work on.
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
• We're located in the heart of Liberty Village, close to amenities and easily accessible by public transit
• We dress casual and comfortable!
• Daily breakfast!
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.