Deluxe EntertainmentVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Animator (speculative application)
As an Animator at Method Studios, you'll be responsible for the design and execution of animation as assigned to meet the needs of the project. This position requires a high degree of artistic judgement and, depending on the work, a strong knowledge of anatomy, body mechanics and character acting. You'll also exhibit the ability to troubleshoot and communicate technical issues that may occur.
In this role, you will:
• Work closely with the Supervisor, Leads and other animators to produce high quality animation, creating compelling, story-driven and action-packed moments that fit within the style and pacing of the project;
• Animate both primary and secondary characters and elements (e.g. creatures, realistic humans, motion capture, vehicles, etc.);
• Meet scheduling and show deadlines;
• Communicate regularly with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines;
• Work may also include previs, animation tests, and layout;
• Submit shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback, if required.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
• Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role;
• Knowledge of Linux & thorough knowledge of Maya;
• Good understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form;
• Demonstrated ability working with strict deadlines and under pressure;
• Ability to take direction and find creative solutions during the iterative process;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work within a team and with other departments.
It would also be helpful if you had:
• Working knowledge of motion capture