Animation Finaling Artist
Deluxe EntertainmentToronto, ON
This was removed by the employer on 11/27/2020 11:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Animation Finaling Artist jobs in Toronto-ON
Search all Animation Finaling Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Animation Finaling Artist? Shot Finaling (CG)
Deluxe Animation Studios provide concept-through-delivery development and production services for clients seeking 2D, 3D and hybrid animation services.
Deluxe Animation Studios is growing and we're seeking a highly skilled 3D shot finaling Artists (Senior & Intermediate) for an animated episodic series. The role of the shot finaling Artist is to clean up and enhance character animation through sculpting, grooming, and simulations of cloth and hair and better the composition through set dressing minor camera tweaks. Plus, they are responsible for the final tech pass on the shot/s before handoff to lighting.
• Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
• Ensure all assets are rendering and trouble shoot as needed.
• Collaborate in the design, development and implementation of techniques and systems that simulate cloth and hair and integrate them into the production pipeline.
• Create permanent pose space deformers that allow animation to achieve specific target shapes.
• Fix undesirable shapes and artifacts in shots coming out of animation.
• Simulate cloth animation in shots.
• Groom and simulate hair/fur animation in shots.
• Review and adjust the composition of a shot through set dressing and camera framing tweaks
• Strong knowledge of Maya is essential.
• Good artistic skills and an eye for natural motion in humans and animals.
• Knowledge of ncloth, nhair, or any other dynamics sytems strongly preferred.
• Experience creating and using pose space deformers.
• Experience in rigging, modeling, and animation are pluses.
• A good generalist. Solid understanding of and experience with the entire animation production process from layout to compositing is a plus.
• Able to take direction and adapt to change.
• Bachelor's degree in Animation, Film, Art or equivalent professional work experience.
• Experience with Houdini is a plus
• Link to Demo Reel/Portfolio showcasing 3D shot finaling work done in recent years.
• Working knowledge of dynamic effects animation in Maya, Houdini, VRay. is plus. Experience with another programs a plus.
• Knowledge of Python/Mel is a plus
Benefits & Perks
• We have a great company culture. We value our crew and the creativity and innovation they put into delivering the amazing projects we work on.
• We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
• We're located in the heart of Liberty Village, close to amenities and easily accessible by public transit
• We dress casual and comfortable!
• Daily breakfast!
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.