Account Manager, Dubbing
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Deluxe is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content.
Account Managers work as the primary client contact to manage localisation projects.
About the Team (Localisation)
Localisation is the process of translating and adapting content for consumption in local markets. Although many services make up the elements of the localisation process, the goal of localisation is to be authentic to the original version, protecting the creative vision when adapting for the target market. The role will sit in the dubbing team but, crossover with subtitling, scripting, fulfilment, and many others.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localisation providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
Manage localisation projects from beginning to end, working closely with clients, dubbing studios, translators, language specialists, product management, internal business partners and other departments. The position is based in London, UK.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• • Develop localisation project plans and workflows, managing time, resources, and quality control
• Oversee project budgets, track costs, ensures timely issue of purchase orders/invoices, and approve work reports
• Analyse project risk, and define mitigation actions where required
• Identify and solve localisation issues, recognise causes, and perform corrective/preventative action
• Manage deliveries to timelines and product quality, including responsive and professional communication with internal and external stake holders
• Lead project/client/business partner meetings and conference calls, including project kick-off meetings, weekly and ad-hoc, while ensuring meetings are recorded and minutes distributed, manage the delivery of agreed action items
• Present regular reports to client and peers on progress and forecast of work, escalating issues, and evaluating support requirements
• Continually expand knowledge and education in localisation trends and news, keeping up to date through active participation in training opportunities
• Develop new and entry level colleagues through training and coaching; maintain standard operating procedures, tools, and checklists to improve the project management process
What You Bring:
• • Technical knowledge of dubbing, subtitling, video, audio, and related technologies with an understanding of localisation workflow
• Experience managing large, complex projects (preferably in the localisation industry)
• Strong communication skills: both verbal and written – ability to communicate complex instructions clearly and concisely
• Experience in project planning, resource, and risk management
• Organisational and leadership skills along with problem-solving capabilities
• Strong team player, with a pro-active approach
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure
• Excel skills a big plus (formulas, pivot tables, macros, lookup tables, etc.) and can create macros or other task automations
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program.