3D Subtitling & Dfx Quality Control Technician
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
3D & DFX Quality Control Technician
We currently have an opening for a 3D & DFX Quality Control Technician, assisting the subtitling team within the localization department. In the role of QC Technician, you will be involved in all aspects of the subtitling workflows, from receipt of original materials delivered from the clients' subtitling companies through to final delivery of organization compliant files for mastering. Main responsibilities include reviewing, formatting and adapting subtitled content, including subtitle positioning, editing and cueing. Using both industry standard and bespoke software you will ensure that all subtitled materials meet technical specifications before delivery to the Deluxe Mastering Department and that our clients' demands are satisfied within their timescales and to an exemplary standard. This position is located in Burbank, California.
• To deliver high quality service at all times to both internal and external clients
• Receive, format and prepare files for review for all subtitled trailer and feature content, ensuring subtitle files provided meet organization technical specifications
• Review subtitle files against video backgrounds in the company's subtitling software, checking for sync, cue accuracy, text corruption and content issues; position subtitles to avoid clashes with on-screen text; query and/or correct problems according to the guidelines and procedures established with each client
• Create final XML deliverables to the appropriate specifications required (including Interop, SMPTE, IMAX, Prores/HD, TTML) for organization/external vendor feature/trailer mastering
• Work collaboratively with fellow members of the Subtitling Services team and other departments to ensure project requirements are met and delivered correctly
• Knowledge of fonts and territory specs and how they need to be delivered to work on theatrical projectors in the field.
• Troubleshooting technical issues
• Being available for client screenings and/or rush conversions during both regular business hours and occasionally after hours
• Flag production and technical issues to appropriate parties.
• Adhering to prescribed workflow procedures.
• Meeting internal schedules and client deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
• BA or BS degree preferred.
• At least 6 months of post-production, project management, or translation industry experience preferred, but entry-level candidates will be considered.
• Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, large team environment.
• Must also be able to work independently and take ownership of projects.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
• Must have a professional attitude and the ability to work cooperatively with co-workers.
• Must be able to take and follow directions from department supervisor.
• Strong organization, communication (verbal and written), and computer skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
• Proven problem solver that can work both independently and present solutions to the team
• Working knowledge of various digital audio and video formats, file types and resolutions, file rendering, and video frame rates.
• Individual must know basic operation and troubleshooting for PCs and Macs.
• Must be able to follow instructions and handle multiple projects in busy production environment.
• Must have the ability to contribute to the team environment.
• Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and be extremely detail-oriented.
• Individual must be available to work overtime and/or including weekends.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.