Film PR - Jr. Account Executive
DDA Public RelationsWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Job Description: Jr. Account Executive
A confident, highly organized individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills and a welcoming disposition. The candidate must have 1-3 years' experience in film PR - specifically with U.S./domestic campaigns and ideally at film festivals (such as Cannes, Toronto, Sundance, etc.). Must be open to travel abroad and have solid entertainment and business contacts with Los Angeles based media.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years' experience in film PR with solid media contacts (print, broadcast, TV and online) in Los Angeles
- Experience supporting a domestic film campaign in addition to a festival campaign at Sundance, Berlin, Cannes and/or Toronto
- Interest in travel abroad
- Success in multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Professional, proactive and personable demeanor
- Self-motivated, self-starter, takes initiative and follows-through
- Effective listening, strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Eagerness and willingness to learn
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research
- Draft press releases with direction from Account Director and Account Manager
- Manage on-site premieres, junkets, festival activities and client events
- Maintain project calendars, schedules and editorial deadlines
- Assist the Account Director and Account Manager as directed in all aspects of client servicing
- Prepare preliminary project status reports for review by Sr. Management
- Manage intern workload and industry exposure alongside the Assistant
- Maintain and expand connections with journalists and media sources
- Attend networking events and strengthen industry connections
- Review industry news and trade press for potential opportunities
- Analyze social media for potential opportunities
- Contribute to group brainstorm and business development meetings
- Attend pitches as part of new business team
NOTE: Please do not apply unless you have experience in film PR and solid media contacts.
DDA is the premiere independent entertainment public relations company, handling both domestic and international, providing filmed entertainment publicity and corporate media relations services for clients across the worldwide industry. From offices in London and Los Angeles, DDA offers a truly global reach for film and television producers, financiers, sales agents and distributors. DDA's unrivalled relationships within the industry add undisputed value as a trusted partner for its clients, providing creative and insightful strategies and turnkey campaign solutions.
DDA performs a wide spectrum of media relations, publicity, event management (through DDA Event Management) and marketing tasks, either globally or targeted to specific international markets. Festival and market experiences include the Sundance, Berlin, SXSW, Tribeca, Cannes, Venice, Telluride, Toronto, London and Dubai film festivals (among others).
Recent festival titles have included: Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman; Joe Penna's Arctic; Wash Westmoreland's Colette; Paul Dano's Wildlife; Cathy Yan's Dead Pigs; Craig Gillespie's I, Tonya; Janus Metz's Borg vs. McEnroe; Dominic Cooke's On Chesil Beach; Haifaa Al-Mansour's Mary Shelley; Susanna White's Woman Walks Ahead; Andrey Zvyagintsev's Loveless, Taylor Sheridan's Wind River; Agnès Varda's Visages, Villages; Joon-ho Bong's Okja and Noah Baumbach's The Meyerowitz Stories for Netflix; Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead's The Endless; Kristen Stewart's Come Swim; Matt Spicer's Ingrid Goes West; Rob Reiner's LBJ; Feng Xiaogang's I Am Not Madame Bovary; Jeff Nichols' Loving; Philippe Falardeau's Chuck (The Bleeder); Shane Black's The Nice Guys; Stéphanie Di Giusto's The Dancer; Michael Moore's Where to Invade Next; Ron Howard's Made in America; Margaret Brown's The Great Invisible; Brett Morgen's Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck; the family favourite Shaun The Sheep Movie; Morten Tyldum's The Imitation Game; and much more.
Salary: TBD - based upon experience Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision, Life, 401K, generous vacation days
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online