Assistant Tour Accountant
David Weise & AssociatesEncino, CA
Full Time Job
We are a full service business management firm proud to service the best in the industry. We are highly regarded for being an energetic firm, with the perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and veteran experience. Our clients are from all realms of the entertainment industry, including a wide variety of musicians, actors, athletes, writers, directors, producers, and other entertainment-related companies and executives. We pride ourselves on the hands-on approach that we take when working with clients, making sure that their input and requests are out top priority.
This position is responsible for providing ensuring high quality and timely delivery of a wide variety of touring related accounting services. Reporting to the Senior Tour Accountant, the responsibilities of this role range from tour budgets and itineraries to foreign tax planning to vendor contracts. The Assistant Tour Accountant operates in an environment that is high paced, requires confidence, motivation, attention to detail, and a style of professionalism and approachability.
• Communicate with Managers, Tour Managers and Agents in coordination with Senior Tour Accountant.
• Request tour itineraries and show contracts and forward those items to appropriate Insurance Brokers, Foreign Accountants and Account Managers.
• Document and retain relevant tour documents within document management system including itineraries, show contracts, and budgets.
• Complete state tax waiver applications. Complete and forward foreign tax waiver applications to Foreign Accountants and ensure they have all required paperwork to file tax waivers and prepare commission invoices.
• Review vendor contract changes requested by Insurance and Legal Professionals and ensure changes are completed with vendors.
• Code and reconcile credit card statements and checks received clients in accordance with department procedures.
• Communicate with Promoters to track monies, reconcile accounts, missing checks and tax certificates.
• Prepare meeting packages and ensure the accuracy of the budget vs. actual vs. the profit and loss and general ledgers. Request commission and distribution payouts.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Mathematics
· 3+ years of bookkeeping experience
· Experience using DataFaction
· Good written and oral communications skill and strong customer service skills?
· Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work autonomously on multiple projects while under pressure
· Proven ability to think ahead with vision and a proactive approach
· Experience developing and managing budgets including forecasting
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online