David Weise & AssociatesEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Tax Manager, this team-orientated position is responsible for all areas of tax related to client management. This includes, but is not limited to, tax administration and resolution, financial statement analysis, client reports, and process improvements. The Senior Accountant plays a key role in the success of the firm by ensuring timely and accurate tax reporting and collaborating with the client service team toward common goals.
• Prepares and reviews multi-state income tax returns for individuals, corporations, and partnerships, including related workpapers.
• Prepares and reviews tax projections and quarterly estimates using BNA.
• Prepares and reviews year-end corporate closeouts and determines withholding requirements.
• Prepares and reviews client meeting packages.
• Reviews and corrects financial statements in conjunction with other departments.
• Corresponds with government agencies in response to tax notifications and/or audit inquiries.
• Identifies, researches tax issues and proposes solutions applicable to client transactions.
• Works closely with bookkeeping and touring departments on transactional results.
• Assists Team Lead with supervision and mentorship of staff accountants.
• Contributes to deadline calendar planning for client team umbrella.
• Attends CPE and in-house tax workshops.
• Works extended hours as needed.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years of increasing tax experience, required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or equivalent experience) preferred.
• CPA, and/or Enrolled Agent is preferred, but not required.
Proficient in the preparation of entity and individual income tax returns.
Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Understanding of entity and individual multi-state income taxation rules.
Strong tax research and interpretation of Federal and StateRevenue Codes.
Able to think critically and problem solve.
Able to prioritize and manage time while working on multiple projects.
Communicate effectively and professionally with all levels within the firm.
Professional and consistent in character.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Windows, Lacerte, and BNA.
The position will receive a competitive compensation commensurate with experience. David Weise & Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan, paid holidays, and health benefits.
David Weise and Associates (DWA) is a full service business management firm proud to service the best in the industry. We are highly regarded for being an energetic firm with the perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and veteran experience.
Our clients are from all realms of the entertainment industry, including a wide variety of musicians, actors, writers, directors, producers, executives, and other entertainment-related companies. We pride ourselves on a hands-on approach when working with clients, ensuring that their input and requests are our top priority.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online