Royalty Audit Manager
David Weise and AssociatesEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Summary: Responsible in all areas of royalty auditing, including, but not limited to record label, publishing, merchandise, participation and partnership auditing. Additional responsibilities include assisting with publishing administration, record label administration, licensing, copyright registration, and royalty statement analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Oversee the audit process for incoming artist and copyright audit claims*
• Analyze audit reports and confirm auditor's calculations*
• Perform detail tests of a licensee's books and records as deemed necessary on a client by client basis *
• Review contracts, licenses, correspondence, statements, reports and other pertinent documents to determine validity of claims*
• Draft written responses to audit claims*
• Assist in audit settlement negotiations
• Prepare complex analytical reports detailing specific procedures performed in order to verify that the proper amount of royalties were paid to our clients *
• Review of contracts and licenses to ensure that reported royalties are accurate *
• Communicate effectively with clients and third parties *
• Liaise with Account Managers within the Firm to accomplish shared goals in a professional and diplomatic manner *
• Field internal and external licensing and royalty inquiries in a timely and accurate manner *
• Meet hard reporting deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude under pressure *
Education / Experience:
Minimum of 5 years of royalty audit experience required in the music or entertainment industry, with 2 years of supervisory experience
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business required
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online