David Saxe Productions LLCLas Vegas, NV
Full Time Job
Las Vegas' largest live entertainment company has an immediate opening for a Controller - an experienced leader with an entrepreneurial mindset. If you're looking for a company where you feel empowered and motivated to make a positive difference, we want you in our foxhole!
• Create and update budgets and forecasts for shows, bars, and theaters
• Calculate and perform weekly show reconciliations for internal and third-party productions
• Manage and monitor the accounting and auditing of all show revenue
• Monitor cash flow procedures to detect possible fraud and theft
• Prepare and submit timely monthly financial statements to aid management in evaluating overall departmental and company performance
• Conduct Month and Year-End Close along with corresponding journal entries and reconciliations
• Monitor billing and collections from third party ticket sellers
• Audit and verify ticket and package breakdowns
• Process weekly, multi-state payroll for salaried and hourly employees
• Assist in the administration, compliance and reporting for employee benefits
• Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate, and conservation of assets
• Calculate and pay LET and sales taxes
• Analyze and interpret financial data to inform executive management team
• All other assigned duties as determined by owner
• BA in Finance or Accounting required (MBA preferred)
• Minimum of 5 years' experience working in Finance, Accounting and Inventory Management
• Excellent grasp of accounting software (including QuickBooks)
• Experience in ticketing
• Proficient knowledge of LET and sales tax codes
• Proficient in Excel
• Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skill
• Working environment is fast-paced.
• Frequent sitting throughout the work shift
• Position requires repetitive use of arms for answering busy phones and typing.
* The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online