David Boyle, A Professional CorporationSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Position: Contract Administrator
Position Type: Full-time Employment
Desired Class Level(s): New Graduate (0-2 years)
Description: Small entertainment boutique in Santa Monica seeking a Contract Administrator / Manager of Business & Legal Affairs.
JOB SUMMARY: Contract Administrator to help facilitate legal affairs and administration in connection with development, production, and financing of theatrical motion pictures.
LAW DEGREE/LICENSE PREFERRED: Although the job will primarily involve administrative duties, a California license to practice law (pending bar results acceptable) is preferred as the firm hopes a candidate may eventually qualify for internal promotion as a legal affairs executive.
Call Me By Your Name
The Wolf of Wall Street
Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Project (2020)
Andrew Lauren Productions
Faster Horse Pictures
Star Thrower Entertainment
• Maintain files and document management, internal status reports (including option calendars, production legal checklists, etc.) and Dropbox folders; coordinate insurance matters with clients and risk management; oversee guild signatory process and annual corporate maintenance of client companies.
• Draft main and end title credits and talent obligations memoranda for delivery to distributors; act as liaison with production personnel to ensure location and placement obligation memoranda, end title credits, etc. are timely prepared and review same to ensure accuracy.
• Conduct legal research and prepare memoranda regarding various guild issues and other legal matters, as needed.
• Prepare and file copyright, assignments, and other security documents with the applicable governing authority; handle closing binders for financing transactions.
• Generally assist members of team with administrative tasks and other general administrative duties as needed.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Dropbox and Internet research
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Self-starter with ability to juggle multiple, constantly changing, high-priority tasks
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong drafting, organizational and time management skills
• Substantial interest in theatrical motion pictures
No phone calls please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online