Junior-Mid Level Publicist
Dark Matter MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Dark Matter Media is looking to hire a junior to mid-level publicist who is experienced and highly detail-oriented with extensive knowledge of Hip-Hop culture and the surrounding media landscape. Must be based in Los Angeles.
Dark Matter Media is a full-service public relations agency specializing in digital, print, and broadcast media, influencer marketing, streaming promotion, creative direction, and consulting. We have over eight years of experience generating ubiquitous artist and brand recognition across all mediums and have become known for our insightful, compelling, and calibrated strategies, our deep knowledge of the media landscape, and our wealth of established relationships. Our past and present clientele consists of numerous well known Hip-Hop and Rap adjacent artists and brands, including Rolling Loud, BeatStars, Internet Money, Lil Tecca, Young Dolph, Rubi Rose, Lil Durk, Yella Beezy, Yung Bleu, WhoHeem, Sauce Walka, KingMostWanted, Maxo Kream, Shoreline Mafia, Key Glock, and more.
• Creating insightful and coherent media plans based on client provided rollout schedules
• Collecting, assessing, and ingesting all assets necessary to the campaign
• Pitching music, announcements, interviews, feature stories, and tour coverage
• Securing a broad range of media opportunities for clients, including local and national press across digital, print, and broadcast as well as social media
• Log and track all media outreach, compile press reports and maintain regular communication with clients
• Be able to work on the go and attend press runs with clients as well artist/industry events (sometimes at night) while staying on top of ''desk work''
• Continuous media research and database upkeep
• Identifying and evaluating potential new clients
• Previous and proven experience working in music PR, preferably with established media and entertainment industry relationships
• An extensive knowledge of Hip-Hop culture as well as the surrounding media landscape
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with high-pressure situations
• Juggle multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing and meeting competing deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
• Task-oriented and time-efficient self-starter who's able to take direction, but can also work independently
• Be proficient in G Suite applications including Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, & Calendar
Applicants should supply a resume including experience and references, examples of recent media placements, and two recent pitches and/or press releases as writing samples, emailed with your first and last name in the subject line
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online