Social & Digital Media Manager
Dallas WingsArlington, TX
Full Time Job
The Social and Digital Media Manager will work with the Director of Social and Digital Media Manager to build the most engaging and exciting social media and digital content possible for the Dallas Wings and the Panther City Lacrosse Club. He/she/they will help bring marketing and media strategies to life throughout all areas of the business (marketing, sponsorships, in-game, to name a few) and support content ideation, content and strategy execution, post scheduling, reporting and analysis. This motivated and passionate individual will assist with management of team websites as well as email marketing strategy and execution. The Social & Digital Media Manager will help grow the teams' creativity, engagement and connection across multiple touchpoints including, but not limited to social media, digital media, in-game, sponsorship activations, community relations and experiential.
• Primary focuses of this position are:
• Execution of email strategy, working closely with the Fan Interactive/third party vendor and internal parties (creative services, Business Intelligence Manager, etc.) to drive revenue and lead generation
• As a part of the content calendar and with support from the Director of Social & Digital Media Manager, ownership of team social channels, websites, ensuring content is up-to-date and making recommendations to drive more engagement
• Assist in development and scheduling of social media content for both teams, including game days, practices and special events
• Assist in managing day-to-day social media activities, including, but not limited to writing/scheduling copy, responding to messages, identifying influencers and topical subject matter where the teams can effectively join larger conversations
• Assist Director of Social & Digital Media in managing and optimizing design, content, layout, customer segmentation and messaging strategies for direct marketing communications
• Work with creative services to develop/create HTML email templates and recommending template enhancements as needed.
• Must have the ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices including deliverability, mobile optimization, and browser compatibility.
• Understand CRM systems/data and effectively translate this knowledge into solutions that improve the fan experience
• Contribute to content development as needed
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Formal Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Relevant Work Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience producing content for social media, working in website development and email marketing strategy
• Knowledgeable in Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant applications
• Preferred experience:
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud, data analytics, html link tagging/tracking and conversions, WordPress, search engine optimization and analytics, HTML and CCS coding
• Passionate about social media and creating creative, engaging content
• Ability to produce content year-round that accomplishes the organization's objectives and ties to revenue-generating departments
• Excellent copywriting skills, with an attention to specific tone to support each team
• Detailed oriented and organized; works well under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive, productive, and supportive working relationships inside and outside the organization
• Keen attention to detail and desire to grow with the department and organization
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and handle creative feedback
• Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed, including coverage/attendance of all home games and events as required
• Ability to identify areas of opportunity and propose potential solutions while continuing to pilot projects without interruption
• Self starter; motivated and enthusiastic about learning and implementing best practices and contributing to a team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.