Intern - Community & Foundation
Dallas WingsArlington, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern - Community & Foundation College Credit Only
Community & Foundation Intern
The Community and Foundation Intern will have the opportunity to observe and practice initiating, maintaining, and growing relationships with community organizations in the DFW metroplex and learn more about how the Community/Foundation staff make a positive impact on the community.
Areas you will be learning about:
• Community engagement strategic planning
• Community partnerships that amplify positive impact
• Event planning that promotes community engagement and support marginalized communities • Implementation of sports related philanthropic programming to include fundraising, player/mascot appearances, partnerships, and reporting
• Non-profit Sports Foundation planning and implementation
• Non-profit management
• Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Social Responsibility and the VP of Social Responsibility to execute community and Foundation programming
• Observe and practice how to manage partnerships and community relationships
• Observe and practice how to execute community events
• Observe and practice Foundation Board governance and Foundation operations
• Observe and practice how to raise funds and sponsorships for Dallas Wings Community Foundation
• Observe and practice internal staff community engagement efforts
• Observe and practice how to produce great work results through organization, integrity, effective communication and proactive problem solving.
• Observe and practice how to focus on small details and accuracy in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Observe and practice how to apply strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Community involvement
• Marketing including but not limited to marketing, graphic design, communications