Dallas WingsArlington, TX
Full Time Job
Job Purpose: The Communications Manager is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Broadcasting & Communications with building, developing, and maintaining strategic communication for the Dallas Wings and Panther City Lacrosse Club. This person will work closely with the Vice President of Broadcasting & Communications to create and maintain a favorable public image for above mentioned Clubs by communicating programs, accomplishments, and/or points of view.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
• Lead all team publications including, but not limited to, media guides, game notes, feature stories, game recaps and statistical information. Ensures accuracy, swiftness and appropriateness of information
• Serve as the secondary media contact. Assist with media requests, preparing media kits, and organizing press conferences/media availabilities
• Oversee the coordination and distribution of credentials for internal staff, media, officials, statisticians and other personnel and vendors for all home games
• Assist with the execution of media relations plans including, but not limited to news pitches, releases, feature stories, and game recaps on local, state, regional and national media
• Assist in all gameday media operations (In-game statistical updates, credentialing, set-up, and breakdown of press conferences, transcribing and assisting with pre/post-game press conference and post-game notes)
• Manage media areas on game days
• Assist team executives with public speaking engagements, presentations, and preparation of articles for publications
• Develop relationships with sports and entertainment outlets locally, regionally, and nationally.
• Continuously monitor and analyze media coverage including print, radio, TV and online
• Effectively work with other departments in the organization to coordinate publicity strategy and messaging
• Identify storylines for both on and off the field/court and proposed target for each pitch
• Work with Vice President to align pitches (specifically off-the court/field) for monthly publications and non-sports outlets
• She/he/they is expected to attend all home games of both teams, as well as other live events that may take place on holidays or weekends.
• Some travel required
• Other duties as assigned
This position reports to: Vice President of Broadcasting & Communications
Do Other Positions Report to This Position? _X_No __ Yes
If so, what titles report to this position and how many of each?
• Formal Education: Bachelor's degree in Communications/Public Relations or related field preferred.
• Relevant Work Experience:
• 2-4 years of experience in a related position with proven success.
• Excellent writing and grammar, with meticulous attention to detail.
• Knowledge of AP Style Preferred.
• Proficient with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom Technologies.
• Work Location & Hours: Work is performed in office and/or at one of the arenas as determined necessary by the Company. Must be available to attend all home games for both Dallas Wings and Panther City Lacrosse Club, as well as attend company events. Games & events may take place on nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Ideal Candidate Attributes/Competencies:
• Team-first attitude and relentless work ethic that is dedicated, detail orientated and willing to go above and beyond for the success of the department and teams.
• Continuously evolving/growing list of contacts in sports and entertainment locally, regionally and nationally that she/he/they can tap into for coverage.
• Ability to develop, maintain and foster strong relationships with industry journalists and media outlets, as well as players, coaches and team staff.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive, productive and supportive working relationships throughout the organization.
• Responsive with an ability to multi-task, work independently and handle feedback.
• Adaptive to fluid situations.
• Willing to work extended/non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Identify areas of opportunity and propose potential solutions while continuing to lead projects without interruption.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
• Hearing, seeing, reading, writing, concentration, comprehension, and talking with clear speech.
• Planning, organizing, interpreting data, making decisions, problem-solving, and composure under deadlines/stress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.