Dallas WingsArlington, TX
This was removed by the employer on 4/28/2021 6:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Communication Coordinator jobs in Arlington-TX
Search all Communication Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Communication Coordinator? Job Purpose:
• Assist Manager of Communications with building, developing, and maintaining strategic communication for the Dallas Wings Basketball and Panther City Lacrosse Clubs
• Partner with Manager of Communication to create and maintain a favorable public image for above mentioned Clubs by communicating programs, accomplishments, and/or points of view.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
• Assist with the execution of media relations plans including, but not limited to news pitches, releases, feature stories, and game recaps on local, state, regional and national media.
• Serve as the secondary media contact for media relations and public relations. Assist with media questions, communication releases, preparing media kits, and organizing press conferences.
• Coordinate communication plans for all team announcements, events and initiatives including, but not limited to, seasonal events, game-day coverage, community service events, marketing initiatives and partnerships.
• Coordinate all communications publications including, but not limited to, media guides, game programs, game notes, feature stories, and game recaps. Ensures accuracy and appropriateness of information.
• Assist team executives with public speaking engagements, presentations, and preparation of articles for publications.
• Develop a list of contacts in sports and entertainment locally, regionally, and nationally that both this role and the Communication Manager can tap into for coverage
• Coordinate the distribution of credentials for media, officials, statisticians and other personnel and vendors for all home games.
• Coordinate all game notes, team releases, and statistics.
• Continuously monitor and analyze media coverage including print, radio, TV and online.
• Effectively work with other departments in the organization to coordinate publicity strategy and messaging.
• Assist in all gameday media operations, assist with researching, writing, and editing of game notes, media guides, recaps, editorial content, and media releases as necessary, set up game day seating for scouts and media, assist with the setup and breakdown of all press conferences, organize and archived media clippings, transcribe player and coach interviews.
• Assist with and coordinate game day operations including pre-game press box set up and postgame teardown, as well as managing press areas for all homes.
• She/he is expected to attend all home games of both teams, some road games, as well as other live events that may take place on holidays or weekends.
• Assist with the setup and breakdown of all press conferences, organize and archived media clippings, transcribe player and coach interviews.
• Other Duties as assigned
This position reports to: Manager of Communication
Do Other Positions Report to This Position? _X_No __Yes
• Formal Education: College degree in marketing or related field preferred
• Relevant Work Experience:
• 1-2 years of athletic communications work is preferred (i.e., working in a University's Sports Information Department).
• Knowledge of AP Style Preferred.
• Other requirements:
• Must be willing to any hour, any day of the week, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
Ideal Candidate Attributes/Competencies:
• Demonstrated customer centric belief and practice
• Demonstrated teamwork & collaboration work style
• Demonstrated effective communication skills
• Demonstrated planning, organizing, and time management skills
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.