Marketing Intern - College Credit Only
Dallas Wings / Full Court PartnersArlington, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
2 Internships Available - FOR COLLEGE CREDIT ONLY - one in Social Media and another in Game Day Operation. Both REQUIRE enrollment in university level class that receives credit for interning.
The Internship Program:
The Dallas Wings Marketing department is in search of highly motivated, organized and most importantly, enthusiastic individuals who are interested in working in sports. As an intern, you will learn about the various aspects of Marketing for the Dallas Wings.
All interns will get to observe and practice meaningful work that has a direct impact on the business. Under the direction and guidance of Dallas Wings executives, the internship program will provide students with the unique opportunity to gain practical sports marketing experience in a professional sports league setting. By working on various strategic projects and initiatives, intern will gain hands on experience with team staff.
Participants will observe and practice within a specialized vertical in the Marketing department but will interact with all other verticals across Marketing including: Social and Digital content, Game Presentation & Live Events, Community Relations, Communications and Graphic Design with the ultimate goal of providing well-rounded practical work experience in sports to students.
Participants of the internship program will receive a final evaluation to assess their performance, review goals, and discuss developmental needs. In addition to practical on-the-job training, the intern will be challenged with learning opportunities relevant to Dallas Wings business needs. Based on several key factors, the intern may be considered for program extensions or offered full-time employment upon graduation.
Internship Benefits Include:
• Academic credit internship
• Enhanced project management skills
• In-depth working knowledge of sports marketing
• Work in a collaborative and fun team environment
• Strengthened writing and oral communication skills
• Supporting Dallas Wings Marketing
• Increased experience and value added to your resume
• Ability to work non-traditional and long hours including evening and weekends
• Students must be currently enrolled at an accredited university; in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
• Must be able to meet the following criteria through the accredited university:
• Must be enrolled in class at University to receive school credit and related to their field of study with their Intern position
• Documents are required by University to be completed by manager & approved by HR
• University project requirements/assignments must be made available to Dallas Wings HR at completion of the internship
• Students should be pursuing a Business Administration, Advertising, Public Relations or Marketing degree. (preferred)
• Cover letter indicating your position(s) of interest and resume
• Strong customer / member service skills
• Ability to work in a supportive team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Video and Photography experience is a plus
Social and Digital Marketing Intern
Areas you will be learning about:
• Fulfillment of integrated marketing campaigns and programs across all social and digital properties
• How to research specific competitive marketing campaigns
• Gathering and organizing photos, videos and tracking materials for recaps
• What makes a compelling Social and Digital campaign, how it's designed and how it's measured
• Best practices when creating Social and Digital campaigns
• Observe and practice how to identify trending news, videos and pictures on social media that could be used to develop campaigns around those trends
• Observe and practice how to manage operations of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages
• Observe and practice how to coordinate assets for publishing on DallasWings.com
• Observe and practice the creation of social media content to align with the Dallas Wings brand standards.
• Work closely with the Senior Manager of Social and Digital Content on project management and creative execution of marketing campaigns
• Observe and practice the coordination and management of creating and executing social and digital content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, our website, etc.
• Observe and practice how to managing projects of various scale from beginning to end
• Observe and practice assisting day-to-day needs of the Social and Digital Content staff and complete general office tasks
• Observe and practice serving as a liaison on game-days in helping with content capture, posting social media elements and recapping game.
• Observe and practice coordinating project expectations with third party vendors including designers, photographers, videographers, printers, etc.
• Observe and practice the process of content creation and research: social media content development, engagement, and reporting for analytical needs
• Learn to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Observe and practice how to contribute to the development of a creative team through creative writing, presenting and asset file management.
• Practice producing great work results through organization, integrity, effective communication and proactive problem solving.
• Practice focusing on small details and accuracy in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Observe and practice strong analytical and problem-solving skills in the day-to-day business environment
Game Presentation & Live Events Intern
Areas you will be learning about:
• Seamless game-day and live event execution
• Building an event recap following a show
• Gathering photos and tracking materials for recaps
• Learn about the game-day experience planning and execution
• Assistance with oversight and game-day coordination of an in-game promotional team
• Learn how to secure talent for halftime shows and post-game events
• Assistance in inventory and organization of sponsorship assets and activations
• Coordination, set-up and operations of professional women's basketball games
• Learn about bidding out and ordering promotional items from vendors
• Observe and practice how the Director of Game Presentation and Live Events executes successful game presentations and live events
• Observe and practice how to manage projects of various scale from beginning to end
• Observe and practice how to process purchase orders, quotes and vendor invoices
• Observe and practice how to create task sheets for event operations, script-writing and production schedules
• Observe and practice how to coordinate all on-court promotion, pre-game and post-game activities
• Observe and practice how to create new and fun on-the-court promotions and activations
• Observe and practice how to execute theme night and promotional nights
• Observe and practice how to oversee and help coordinate promotional team on gamedays
• Observe and practice how to prepare College Park Center arena to make sure it is ready and looking presentable each day
• Observe and practice how to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Observe and practice how to track and report competitive analyses
• Observe and practice how to manage day-to-day needs of the Game Presentation & Live Events staff and complete general office tasks
• Observe and practice how to producing great work results through organization, integrity, effective communication and proactive problem solving.
• Observe and practice how to focus on small details and accuracy in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Observe and practice how to using strong analytical and problem-solving skills