Marketing Project Manager
Dallas MavericksDallas, TX
Full Time Job
The Dallas Mavericks marketing team is seeking a Project Manager.
An ideal candidate will help drive the execution of programs and/or projects ensuring that objectives are met within constraints (e.g. cost, quality, time).
Through daily inner office interaction, this individual should have visibility into all marketing program and project activities and the ability to speak to individual or overall program status at all levels of management.
This candidate will support departments with the collection and documentation of all business and technical requirements collected during the analysis phase, ensuring that the requirements stay within scope of the project and program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in management of multiple large-scale programs and/or projects from beginning to end.
• Assists in management of interdependencies between projects, programs & portfolio.
• Supports with overseeing tasks associated with all phases of marketing projects: requirements gathering, design, development and testing.
• Assists in planning projects and estimating work effort for a proposed project or phase of work.
• Supports with reviewing high-level deliverables and managing cross-workstream dependencies.
• Support with monitoring workstream and programming metrics to measure program success.
• Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include: analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, and development of requirements.
• Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design,
development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
• Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written
(requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communication
• Accurately assess and mitigate the risks associated with each solution design / project.
• Assist with effectively managing multiple priorities.
• Perform additional job-related duties as requested.
• Strong decision making / problem solving skills and experience
• Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical / implementation levels
• Master's or Bachelor's degree required in related field
• PMP certifications preferred
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a plus
• Relevant combination of education and experience
Knowledge & Experience:
• 3 years minimum experience in project management; 5 years preferred
• Strong expertise in Project Management and handling multiple projects at once
• Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures
• Experience in data gathering and facilitation techniques (i.e. meetings)
• Experience with requirements management
• Strong analytical and planning skills / experience with software development projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you currently or have you ever worked for the Dallas Mavericks?
• Do you have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field?
• Are you a certified Project Manager? if so, which certification do you have?
• Do you have a minimum of 3 years of successful project management experience?