E-Commerce Web Manager
Dallas MavericksDallas, TX
Full Time Job
The Dallas Mavericks Merchandise E-Commerce Manager will be responsible for growing the Dallasmavs.shop e-commerce business: maintain inventory levels, increase ROI, work closely with our data analytics team, and essentially manage all merchandise e-commerce day-to-day functions. E- commerce Manager will report directly to the VP of Merchandise & Brand Identity and will work closely with the merchandise buyer. They will provide website presentation, graphics, and the merchandise marketing schedule in accordance with the Dallas Mavericks mission, vision, branding and philosophy. They will maintain inventory levels and essentially manage all merchandise e-commerce day-to-day functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for overseeing the daily management of dallasmavs.shop with focus on driving traffic to the site, through multi-channel marketing, to increase E-Commerce sales, potentialize traffic, and convert KPIs to maximize ROI of all E-commerce activities
• Work with the merchandising and digital marketing teams on promotional planning, digital marketing planning, creative, and the execution of high level internet marketing strategies consistent with brand image.
• Work with digital marketing team to develop multi-channel marketing strategies (e-mail, social, direct mail) for customer lifecycle and retention programs.
• Shopify expertise required.
• Oversee visual merchandising to improve customer acquisition and experience through presentation of product while increasing online conversion, sales, profits and loyalty
• Assist in the planning of the promotional calendar based upon key product/categories, marketing themes, and web analytics results.
• Execute the website promotional plan by selecting product for dallasmavs.shop promotional areas and for all email promotions in coordination with merchandising and marketing teams.
• Monitor competitive websites to evaluate site merchandise, customer experience, product presentation and identify gaps or opportunities; then translate findings into executable online programs.
• Optimize site navigation and site search by monitoring keyword redirects and product sales results in web analytics
• Provide recommendations for internet marketing programs to increase traffic and maximize conversion
• Work with VP and buyer to execute creative vision and design that represents overall brand presentation
• Develop and create outstanding designs for website across multiple platforms including mobile devices, social media campaigns, banners and emails.
• Prioritize and work on several projects
• Social media account management including posting, responding to messages, and implementing a comprehensive strategy to grow our social media following and engagement
• Be the go-to person for all E-Commerce activities such as V2C, Shopify, Modern Retail, and any other external E-Commerce platforms.
PERIODIC OR SECONDARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
• Support web site management, including but not limited to, working with IT to build new site enhancements, launching promotions, product placement within categories, inventory integrity and cross sell accuracies.
• Assure that the Dallas Mavericks Store website adheres to the internet policies of vendor partners and NBA regulations
• Photography skills to shoot, clip, edit and upload needed images
• Complete special projects as assigned
• Use web analytics and ESP reporting to analyze performance of site content, site traffic patterns, and emails; optimizing for seasonality, relevance and selection
• Work with site producers to develop realistic technical solutions based on the needs of the business while staying up-to-date on emerging web technologies, industry trends and competitor products in the sports retail industry.
The above listing of essential and periodic functions is not an inclusive listing of all duties that may be required to be performed. These duties and responsibilities may change at any time.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels, both inside and outside the organization, accept / makes changes due to constructive feedback and must be a team player.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to evaluate content in an unbiased fashion and take appropriate actions to drive for results.
• Understanding of web metrics and how to gauge performance
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a passion for using numerical data to identify and communicate critical, actionable insights to key stakeholders.
• Proficiency in social media account management – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design concepts
• Ability to take initiative and think of creative ways to grow our brand's digital presence
• Must be self-motivated and a self-starter; quick learner for a multifaceted business and able to take initiative.
• Must possess strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with multi-tasking abilities in a fast-paced corporate environment, with ability to handle deadlines.
• Arrive early and work late if necessary - often product launches will happen at midnight.
• Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Design, Business, Marketing, Merchandising or related field.
• Two to five years of retail direct marketing, expertise in on-line retail industry or related experience preferred.
• Experience in on-line navigation, product selection, merchandising, and business analysis.
• Proven track record of increasing revenue and profit within a retail direct marketing environment.
• Proven ability to work effectively and cross functionally with Marketing, Product Development, Customer Service, IT and any other third party vendor to drive marketing initiatives forward.
• Creativity in maximizing tight budgets and limited resources will be instrumental to your success.
• A hands-on self-starter, with a can-do positive attitude, willing to roll up their sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and a strong work ethic will also be essential.
• This role requires a good blend of analytical skills, technical knowledge and excellent computer skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the E-commerce Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• What makes you passionate about E-commerce and fashion?
• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
• Decribe your work style in 3 words.
• What attributes or qualities would you bring to the table over other applicants?
• Do you currently or have you ever worked for the Dallas Mavericks?
• Tell us about your e-commerce experience including details on managing inventory levels, creating content for a merchandise website, and what you personally did on a day-to-day basis to manage the site.
• Please provide any links to current websites you have worked on in the last two years.