Director Of Season Ticket Sales
Dallas MavericksDallas, TX
Full Time Job
The Dallas Mavericks are seeking a driven and positive individual who is committed to becoming a sports and entertainment sales leader with previous sales management experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Director of Season Ticket Sales is to manage a sales team that drives new business via the selling of full, half, and mini plan Season Ticket Members through networking, cold-calling and social selling. Also, to develop strategic practices to develop new customers, maintain professional relationships with existing customers and prospects, and increase season ticket renewals.
The Director must combine a passion for innovation, a sales orientation, sensibility and strong collaboration, great leadership and interpersonal skills. He/she must understand complex selling concepts and possess the ability to work effectively as leader within a high functioning sales team.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the management and performance of Season Ticket Sales Team made up of approximately 10 Account Executives, who are in charge of driving and retaining season ticket memberships and selling our full menu of all ticket products.
• Monitor, manage and evaluate Account Executive staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales goals and follow up with Account Executive staff with appropriate feedback and direction for development. Includes hiring, training and motivating sales reps, annual performance evaluations, and approving timesheets.
• Responsible for the management, supervision, and execution of season ticket sales activities within the ticket department and throughout the organization.
• Create various season ticket packages to help increase sales. Develop season ticket holder amenities/privileges and make critical decisions regarding season ticket accounts. Responsible to know all aspects of all ticket products.
• Work with other ticket managers/directors to develop and manage strategic call campaigns, sales packages, opportunities for new sales, and internal sales contests.
• Develop and execute relationships with other internal departments including Marketing, Creative, Game Operations, Ticket Operations, Corporate Sponsorship, Community and the AAC/COC. Responsible for reports to Accounting, Ticket Operations, VP/Managers, COC Staff, etc.
• Work with the Marketing and Social Media team to have the most up-to-date season ticket content listed on the company website and social media.
• Maintain computerized records of all ticket transactions within our CRM system (Salesforce).
• Provide superior and professional customer service to clients.
• Perform game day responsibilities, including entertaining clients and overseeing staff. This would include working long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Occasionally, represent the organization at off-site Dallas Mavericks events promoting ticket sales.
• Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals.
• Contribute to a positive sales culture consistent with Dallas Mavericks core values.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by Vice President, Ticket Sales and Service.
• Excellent customer service, organizational, communication and time-management skills.
• Ability to present sales material to potential clients, both in person and on the phone.
• Presents themselves in a professional manner, able to interact with all levels of an organization both internally and externally.
• Commitment to personal integrity.
• Detail-oriented and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects at once, and adhere to deadlines is a necessity.
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
• The ability to learn and master new software programs including the CRM platform (Salesforce) and ticketing system (Ticketmaster Archtics) is essential.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Sports Management, Marketing or related field, or a MBA.
• At least 5 years of sales experience with a proven ability to hit goals. 2 years of ticket sales experience with either a professional or collegiate sports team is preferred.
• 3 years of sales management experience with a successful track record in leading a telemarketing sales team and a proven ability to hit goals.
• Proficiency in basic computer software programs, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Salesforce CRM and Ticketmaster Archtics knowledge is preferred.
This is not an entry level position and candidates lacking the prerequisite skills and experience will not be considered.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you currently or have you ever worked for the Dallas Mavericks?
• Do you have sales managerial experience with direct reports including setting job expectations and is accountable for results, conducting personnel actions including hiring, salary changes and termination?
• Do you have a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience?
• Do you have a minimum of four years' experience in ticket sales and management?
• Do you have a minimum of four years' experience in a professional setting, preferable with a professional sports franchise?