Crown Media Family NetworksStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: VP, Development
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Studio City, CA or New York, NY
Under the direction of the SVP, Programming, this position works on the development of original holiday movies overseeing projects from start to finish. Takes pitches and seeks out programming that is appropriate for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie and Mysteries scripted needs for both movies. Evaluates submissions and develops the project(s) to meet the Crown Media standards and partners to shepherd the show in all creative aspects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the development and production of 8-10 original movies a year.
• Oversees follow up and provides detailed notes on concepts, outlines and scripts, and delivers clear creative. direction on all film cuts and post elements, including VFX and scoring.
• Drives the creative quality and facilitates the production, marketing, and promotion of new scripted programming.
• Sources material takes pitches and develops projects for the original scripted cable programming slate.
• Actively develops and maintains strong relations with the creative community, including talent, agents, show creators and cable network buyers.
• Identify programming opportunities based on brand content, programming trends, and ways to meet the needs of audiences.
• Liaises with producers and writers on behalf of the network, providing creative input and direction.
• Visits production sets and monitors creative vision.
• Supervise the Directors, Managers, Sr. Development Associates, Development Associates, and Coordinators on their team.
• Mentors Development Associates and prepare them for the next level of responsibility. Work with Managers as they bring in projects of their own through the stages of Development and Production.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
• 10+ years' television experience (i.e. broadcast or cable network, scripted series/television movies)
• Prior experience as development executive for broadcast network, cable network or streamer
• Experience managing production and post-production schedules
• PC skills using Microsoft Office Suite
• Must have demonstrated ability to solicit and identify material for original development.
• Must be able to execute and deliver development notes and have established working relationships with creative community (agents, writers, producers).
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and have excellent follow-through skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have the ability to communicate professionally and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and via e-mail and telephone.
Crown Media is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online