Unscripted Development Coordinator
Critical ContentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
UNSCRIPTED DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Critical Content is one of the leading global independent content studios. Launched in October of 2015, the company focuses on scripted and unscripted original programming for broadcast, cable and digital platforms.
Critical Content currently has multiple series in production including Food Network's ''The Great Food Truck Race'', MTV's ''Catfish'', Netflix's ''Get Organized with The Home Edit'', Travel Channel's ''Portals To Hell'', and E!'s ''Celebrity Game Face.''
Critical Content, the award-winning producer of unscripted and scripted television content, is seeking a dynamic Unscripted Development Coordinator to support creative unscripted development as well as assist Executive Producers in Overall Deals. This is a great position for a driven, motivated candidate with a passion for working in unscripted television development and production who has extensive experience with graphic design and pitch deck creation. The successful candidate will be involved in many areas of development team support and must have a proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
• Must have experience in creating pitch decks and possess strong graphic design skills. Must have proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop) as well as Microsoft Suite (especially Keynote).
• Assisting development team brainstorm meetings, submitting show ideas, and performing research.
• Providing administrative support for two Executive Producers in production overall deals including answering phone lines, connecting and scheduling calls, answering inquiries and fielding requests for information; must be familiar and comfortable with high call volume.
• Managing daily calendar for Executive Producers; ensuring all meeting information is up-to-date and sending daily meeting/appointment and especially pitch meeting reminders.
• This person will be representing Critical Content with a wide range of high-profile contacts, including talent, representation, producers, distributors, and financiers.
• Assist in producing development sizzles, including proficiency in shooting with DSL camera and light editing on AVID.
• Managing incoming creative or business development submissions.
• Working closely with the development, production, executive and legal teams.
• Other various administrative projects and tasks, as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience required.
• Minimum 1-2 years of work-related experience required, preferably within a high-paced agency, network or TV production environment.
• Strong knowledge of unscripted television business news and developments is strongly preferred.
• Must possess exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, marked by a proclivity toward teamwork, a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, discretion, and poise.
• Must possess demonstrated ability to take direction, pay attention to detail, follow through on tasks with minimal additional direction and be resourceful, self-driven, and able to prioritize.
• Prior experience and proven methodologies for understanding and anticipating executive needs to optimize efficiency, organize work, and quickly course-correct, if challenges are presented.
• Must have proven meticulous attention to detail in daily work habits.
• Ability to exercise sound critical thinking and judgment, while managing competing & demanding priorities.
• Proficiency in the Mac operating system environment and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
• Have high levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• The successful candidate must be able to work overtime, as needed.
Currently this position will work remotely and then move into a hybrid model. The ideal candidate will have industry experience in unscripted television development. This is a ''HIGH VOLUME POSITION''….only those with the requisite skills listed above should apply.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online