Critical ContentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Critical Content is one of the leading global independent content studios. Launched in October of 2015, the company focuses on scripted and unscripted original programming for broadcast, cable, and digital platforms. Critical Content currently has multiple series in production including Animal Planet's ''Hanging with the Hendersons'', BET's ''Cop Watch America'', CMT's ''Racing Wives'', E!'s ''Very Cavallari'', Food Network's ''The Great Food Truck Race'', MTV's ''Catfish'', Netflix's ''The Home Edit'', Travel Channel's ''Portals To Hell'', Quibi's ''Fight Like A Girl'', FOX's ''Who Shot Tupac and Biggie?'', and TLC's ''JFK Jr. & Carolyn's Wedding: The Lost Tapes''.
Position: Staff Accountant
Department: Finance & Accounting
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Location: Burbank, CA
Position Summary: The primary function of a Staff Accountant is to support the Accounting Manager with the preparation of A/P, receivables, general ledger entries, reconciliations, audit preparation, and other Finance & Accounting activities.
• Reviews and/or prepares transaction entries, A/P invoices, posts, entries upon approval, collects and evaluates data, conduct analysis, and prepares reports.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements (cash flow), including variance analysis and balance sheet review.
• Manage company billings, transactions, and bank & credit card reconciliation.
• Assist in the preparation of schedules for annual or other audit activities; interact with internal and external auditors.
• Prepare 1099 filings and other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• Must have a firm grasp of accounting principles. Accounting experience within a tv production company a plus, but not required.
• Solid working knowledge of Sage Intacct, NetSuite, Microsoft Office (proficient in Excel), MediaWin/Web, and Movie Magic Budgeting.
• Handles confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and good judgment.
• Reliable, data-driven, and strong research and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and a team player.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university in Accounting, Business or Finance major.
• 5+ years of accounting/bookkeeping experience in all facets of accounting functions.
Critical Content offers a competitive total compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life/disability insurance, and EAP; vacations days, observed holidays, Summer Friday's, winter hiatus; casual environment, stocked snack pantry, and many other brag-worthy perks!
Critical Content is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
If you are interested in working in a faced paced, collegial environment, being an integral member of the Finance & Accounting team and helping to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the department, please submit your resume as an attachment. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online