Executive Assistant / Coordinator - BALA
Critical ContentBurbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Executive Assistant / Coordinator - BALA jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Executive Assistant / Coordinator - BALA postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Assistant / Coordinator - BALA? Based in Los Angeles, CA, Critical Content is one of the leading global independent content studios. Launched in October of 2015, the company focuses on unscripted original programming for broadcast, cable and digital platforms.
Critical Content currently has more than 50 projects in production for more than 15 different networks. Series include Catfish (MTV), The Great Food Truck Race (Food Network), and Get Organized With The Home Edit (Netflix).
Summary of Position:
Currently, Critical Content is seeking an Executive Assistant or Coordinator of Business & Legal Affairs (title and compensation commensurate with experience) to efficiently and effectively handle a large volume of day-to-day matters involving the development and production of various unscripted programming. Potential to work hybrid remote, limited office hours or remotely full-time. This position will report to the EVP of Business and Legal Affairs.
You are strongly encouraged to apply if you:
1. Have experience as an executive assistant, paralegal or junior attorney in U.S. unscripted television business & legal affairs with a production company, network, talent/media agency and/or law firm;
2. Have an interest in developing business and legal affairs skills, and contributing to assigned projects within the department;
3. Would like to learn all about how the unscripted television business works e.g. network deals, development deals, production legal, international format deals, and overall producer deals;
4. Depending on level of experience, job responsibilities may include, without limitation, the following:
a. Scheduling, arranging for electronic signatures, distributing signed agreements and electronic filing;
b. Creating, updating, maintaining and distributing the company's option date calendar and distributing option deadline notification emails internally;
c. Creating deal summaries for internal distribution;
d. Creating initial drafts of agreements and redlining and revising agreements ;
e. Creating initial drafts of offers and making offers on behalf of the department, and redlining and revising offers;
f. Serving as a resource to other departments within the company which includes updating other departments on status of certain items and to helping drive the efficiency of the department;
g. Serve as part of the production legal team on selected pilots, presentations, and series handling production business & legal affairs matters under the supervision of an attorney;
h. Participate in selected department and company meetings; and
i. Handle day-to-day management of selected business & legal affairs matters related to product integrations, sponsorships, and trade-outs for company programming.
5. Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel);
6. Have the demonstrated confidence and ability to make decisions within your scope of authority;
7. Have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited U.S. college or university;
8. Are willing to put forth the effort and initiative necessary to help build and maintain an efficient work flow;
9. Are ready to hit the ground running;
10. Have a sense of humor;
11. Are a self-starter and team player; and
12. Have the legal right to work in the United States.