Critical ContentRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 5/4/2021 2:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Clearance Supervisor jobs in Remote-US
Search all Clearance Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Clearance Supervisor? CLEARANCE SUPERVISOR
Based in Los Angeles, CA, Critical Content is one of the leading global independent content studios. Launched in October of 2015, the company focuses on unscripted original programming for broadcast, cable and digital platforms.
Critical Content currently has more than 20 projects in productions for more than 10 different networks. Series include Catfish (MTV), The Great Food Truck Race (Food Network), Celebrity Game Face (E!), and Get Organized With Home Edit (Netflix).
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Currently, Critical Content is seeking a Clearance Supervisor to efficiently and effectively handle a large volume of matters involving production and occasionally development. This position will report to the Head of Rights and Clearances and also provide support to the Business Affairs and Legal team, as well as liaise with showrunners, Production and Post teams, in order to ensure that content is ultimately cleared for broadcast.
40+hours weekly, fully remote. Position starts immediately.
You are strongly encouraged to apply if you:
- Have at least 2 years of previous Rights and Clearances experience for major network, broadcast or TV in unscripted television
- Have a general understanding of Copyright Law, Fair Use, music clearance and licensing
- Have confidence in providing risk assessment analysis
- Have relationships with archival and stock vendors with experience in clip licensing and archival research
- Have experience with BALA and R+C network deliverables
- Have the interest, ability, and ambition to effectively and efficiently handle many responsibilities as assigned which mainly include, but are not limited to the following:
• Vetting content for any clearance and potential legal issues / provide risk assessment analysis
• Ensuring that all media, especially 3rd party, is properly identified, licensed, and summarized accurately
• Negotiating vendor license agreements and fees
• Identifying content rights restrictions and tracking for network delivery
• Tracking archival and acquired media budgets / creating, maintaining, providing cost reports
• Tracking calendars and deadlines to ensure legal milestones are met on time for network delivery
• Serving as a resource to other departments within the company to update other departments on status of certain items and to help drive the efficiency of the department
• Participating in selected meetings
• Handle day-to-day management and delegation with assistance of the Clearance Coordinator as it pertains to the department
- Are confident and able to meet multiple, and often simultaneous, deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Are proficient with MS Office, Google Suite, and Dropbox, and other cloud-like storage platforms
- Are willing to put forth the effort and initiative necessary to help build and maintain an efficient work flow
- Are highly organized and have great attention to detail
- Are a critical thinker and problem solver who can think outside the box
- Are a self-starter and team-player
- Have a sense of humor
If you are interested in working in a fast-paced and professional environment, being an integral member of the rights and clearance team and helping to drive to efficiency and effectiveness or the department, please submit your resume.
Critical Content is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.