Director, Strategic Marketing & Communications
Connecticut SunUncasville, CT
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2020 5:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Director, Strategic Marketing & Communications jobs in Uncasville-CT
Search all Director, Strategic Marketing & Communications postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Strategic Marketing & Communications? Position Summary:
The Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications will be responsible for leading all external communications and marketing efforts related to on-field/court performance as well as supervising the execution of corporate media efforts and community relations. He or she will also oversee digital and social content for both the Sun and Black Wolves, ensuring that team channels are producing fresh & engaging materials year-round. This individual will also assist in management of team broadcasts, working with the VP of Sports to secure local television opportunities, incorporate sponsors and direct content/storylines to ensure top-level programming.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: includes but not limited to:
• Manage digital/social media efforts, ensuring timely and creative execution and incorporating best practices from sports and other industries
• Work with outside agencies as well as internal creative team members to develop marketing and advertising plans to drive awareness and ticket sales.
• Oversee all aspects of communications, including development of standard game preview/game night materials, media guides, press releases and overseeing efforts to off-the-field/court media
• Cultivate meaningful relationships with local/national media and non-profits that align with key platforms
• Develop and execute player/coach/team-related pitches to drive local & national awareness
• Oversee community relations activities, working with sponsorship, tickets sales and coaches/players
• Drive storylines and content for local broadcasts, working with internal staff and contracted employees on graphics, interviews, etc.
• Work with retail vendor to maximize online and in-game sales
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee initiatives of the Connecticut Sun & New England Black Wolves Foundations
• Contribute to planning/execution of fan and/or press events
• Ability to execute social, digital media activities
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelors' Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
• Working knowledge of basic computing equipment and software typical in a modern office environment (Mac and Windows)
• Ability to manage multiple people and projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
• Five years of experience working with a collegiate or professional sports team in a communications or broadcast-related area
• In lieu of a Degree and previously mentioned experience, 10 years in communications or broadcast-related field may be considered
Competencies: Incumbent will master the following competencies while in this position:
• Self-starter; shows initiative and the able to work independently
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to brainstorm and collaborate on creative ideas with staff
• Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and work well under pressure
• Understanding of advertising and the use of social media
• Understanding of WNBA and NLL media and broadcast policies and procedures
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift and move equipment, bags and supplies that may be in excess of 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work various shifts and flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, or working conditions associated with this job. Connecticut Sun reserves the right to make changes to the above job description whenever necessary. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.