Web and Library Manager / IT for Music Library
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Music Publishing and Licensing company seeking a highly-detailed and technologically savvy Music Library/Catalog & Website Manager for an entry level position. Candidate must be well-organized, able to multitask, and be a constructive problem solver.
*MUST HAVE CODING EXPERIENCE AS OUTLINED BELOW*
Looking for a person to assist in moving the Company forward by contributing in 2 primary areas -
1) Maintain Company's online and hard drive based music catalogs.
Main duties include:
- Update Company's website and hard drive music catalogs with new releases. (Candidate must be familiar with different audio formats--WAV, AIF, MP3--and file transfer systems).
- Create and update music catalog databases. (Candidate should have familiarity with Soundforge, AVID, and Soundminer with experience in maintaining music libraries/catalogs and databases).
- Ingest audio and metadata into various systems for clients on an expedited basis.
- Liaise with domestic and international IT staff and Company's publishing partners and clients to discuss and service technical, music, and metadata needs.
- Maintain and update Company's back-end composer, artist and publisher databases to ensure accuracy of songwriter, publisher and master rights metadata.
2) Website Management & Branding.
Main duties include:
- Create e-marketing materials (newsletters, playlist art, social media, etc). Must be familiar with Photoshop or similar program.
Candidate will be given the opportunity to provide creative input towards the growth and evolution of Company's rapidly expanding music catalogs, by participating in A&R/listening sessions for new composers, artists, and music submissions, and by introduction of new artists/composers and music to Company's A&R team for consideration.
- Understanding of bash / terminal.
- Understand of git.
- Can create SQL queries to filter through multiple large databases.
- Understands FTP protocols or has experience using one (CyberDuck, Filezilla)
- Microsoft Excel.
Please also include links to work you've previously done (if available) Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online