Vice President Feature Film Development
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The role of Vice President of Feature Film Development contributes to the oversight of the development and production of feature films. This role requires a deep understanding of the film development process, as well as strong leadership and the team building skills. The ideal candidate for this role must have a deep passion for film, as well as a strong business acumen and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and organizations. This is an in office role.
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
1. Identifying and acquiring new film properties, such as scripts, books, and original ideas.
2. Sharing oversight of the development process, including writing, re-writing, and refining scripts.
3. Building relationships with writers, directors, producers, and other industry professionals to bring in top talent for film projects.
4. Working with the production team to secure financing and distribution for film projects.
5. Developing and implementing strategies for promoting and marketing the film to audiences.
6. Collaborating with the legal department to ensure that all agreements and contracts are in place and properly executed.
7. Taking part in the post-production process, including editing, sound design, and visual effects.
8. Managing the budget and timeline for each film project to ensure it is completed on time and within budget.
9. Representing company at film festivals, screenings, and other industry events.
10. Staying current on industry trends and developments, and continuously looking for new and innovative ways to develop and produce feature films.
Qualifications and Experience
• A bachelor's degree in film, business, or a related field is preferred
• Early experience within the entertainment industry (talent agency) is highly preferred.
• Successful track record and expertise working on film from development through to post-production and all the responsibilities that process requires in terms of notes, managing filmmaker relationships, etc.
• Minimum of four (4) years of executive experience in scripted content development or production.
• Able to foster and effectively manage working relationships with peers, senior leadership, and board members.
• Strong relationships with talents and other projects
• Strategically minded
• Entrepreneurial management style with an Artist-friendly personality, someone who deeply values the creative process.
• Experience working with Private Equity business preferred
$185,000.00 - 225,000.00 per year
Compensation $185k - $225k/year. Competitive health and welfare benefits. Paid time off for vacation, sick and holidays.
Global entertainment studio with operating hubs around the world including Los Angeles, New York, Hong Kong, the Middle East and London, focused on developing, financing and producing premium content with cultural impact and global appeal.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online