ConfidentialStudio City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for VFX Generalist jobs in Studio City-CA
Reports To: Head of VFX and VFX Supervisor
VFX Generalists have advanced skill levels across most areas of VFX including compositing, key/roto, tracking, 3D modeling, texturing, shading, look-dev, and simulations. This position usually has an area of focus and is responsible for problem solving complex shots and/or asset development under the direction of the VFX Supervisor. This position works both individually and with a team and tasks range from completing everything on a small number of shots to working on specific tasks within a larger body of work.
• Work under the technical and artistic direction of the VFX Supervisor and VFX Coordinator to complete work for television within schedule and budget.
• Design and create 2D and 3D effects, assets, and motion graphics.
• Complete basic tracking, roto/key, cleanup/paint, and compositing.
• Manage multiple requests with alternating deadlines.
• Organizing projects and assets according to company pipeline specifications.
• Expert knowledge in our core software: Nuke, After Effects, and Mocha.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Generalist in a visual effects studio.
• Proven experience in an episodic TV pipeline.
• Excellent knowledge of Maya software and plug-ins.
• Working knowledge of particle simulation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, take criticism, and work under high pressure with short deadlines.
• Experience working with pipeline software such as ShotGrid and Ftrack preferred
• Additional 3D and compositing software are a bonus.
• Expert knowledge of visual effects terminology and techniques.
• Expert knowledge of art fundamentals such as color theory, visual design, and composition.
• Expert understanding of color correction, blue & green screen, roto, mattes and tracking technologies.
• Has an expert eye for form, color, composition, and motion of natural phenomena.
• Advanced understanding of computer and network systems and render pipelines.
• BA/BS preferred.
• A creative and collaborative problem solver who is organized and critical of their own work.
• Communicates well, documents processes and workflows, has a positive attitude, and can adjust to tackle challenges as needed.
• Willingness and ability to mentor and assist other artists to keep projects on schedule and in creative scope.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to maintain a clear and consistent schedule.
• Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
• Willingness to contribute to and support other team members.
• Desire to learn new software and techniques and self motivation in expanding the company's creative and technical offerings and opportunities.
Position Type/Expected hours:
• This is a full time position and averages 40 hours per week
• This position works standard business hours, but may occasionally require long hours or weekend work.