ConfidentialStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
Reports To: Head of VFX and VFX Supervisor
VFX Generalists have advanced skill levels across most areas of VFX including compositing, key/roto, tracking, 3D modeling, texturing, shading, look-dev, and simulations. This position usually has an area of focus and is responsible for problem solving complex shots and/or asset development under the direction of the VFX Supervisor. This position works both individually and with a team and tasks range from completing everything on a small number of shots to working on specific tasks within a larger body of work.
• Work under the technical and artistic direction of the VFX Supervisor and VFX Coordinator to complete work for television within schedule and budget.
• Design and create 2D and 3D effects, assets, and motion graphics.
• Complete basic tracking, roto/key, cleanup/paint, and compositing.
• Manage multiple requests with alternating deadlines.
• Organizing projects and assets according to company pipeline specifications.
• Expert knowledge in our core software: Nuke, After Effects, and Mocha.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Generalist in a visual effects studio.
• Proven experience in an episodic TV pipeline.
• Excellent knowledge of Maya software and plug-ins.
• Working knowledge of particle simulation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, take criticism, and work under high pressure with short deadlines.
• Experience working with pipeline software such as ShotGrid and Ftrack preferred
• Additional 3D and compositing software are a bonus.
• Expert knowledge of visual effects terminology and techniques.
• Expert knowledge of art fundamentals such as color theory, visual design, and composition.
• Expert understanding of color correction, blue & green screen, roto, mattes and tracking technologies.
• Has an expert eye for form, color, composition, and motion of natural phenomena.
• Advanced understanding of computer and network systems and render pipelines.
• BA/BS preferred.
• A creative and collaborative problem solver who is organized and critical of their own work.
• Communicates well, documents processes and workflows, has a positive attitude, and can adjust to tackle challenges as needed.
• Willingness and ability to mentor and assist other artists to keep projects on schedule and in creative scope.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to maintain a clear and consistent schedule.
• Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
• Willingness to contribute to and support other team members.
• Desire to learn new software and techniques and self motivation in expanding the company's creative and technical offerings and opportunities.
Position Type/Expected hours:
• This is a full time position and averages 40 hours per week
• This position works standard business hours, but may occasionally require long hours or weekend work.
Contract to hire, competitive rates and full benefits, including 401k matching plan upon hire.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online