Theatrical Literary Assistant
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Theatrical Literary Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Theatrical Literary Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Theatrical Literary Assistant? THEATRICAL LITERARY ASSISTANT
Agent in the New York Literary Division of a major talent agency with offices in New York and Los Angeles, specializing in the representation of playwrights, composers, lyricists, directors, choreographers and designers for Broadway, off-Broadway, opera, television and film, seeks a well-rounded, highly organized and proactive Assistant, with at least one to two years' work experience. The desk is high volume and requires someone with prior experience in the business side of theatre.
General responsibilities include: All administrative and support tasks, with access to negotiations, contracts, and all client services.
• Knowledge of and interest in the theatre industry
• Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
• Computer literacy (Microsoft office and internet research)
• Excellent writing and verbal skills, including a professional phone manner
• Familiarity and/or experience with Excel, basic math and accounting
• Must have a facility with accounts receivable, financial follow-up, record keeping, and summarizing deal terms
• The ability to multi-task
• Excellent memory for details
• The ability to conduct business under occasional stressful circumstances
• Must be able to prioritize and shift focus as priorities change
• Must have a sense of humor, a thick skin and a willingness to approach any task with a positive attitude
• Self motivated and able to work individually
• Desire to become an agent preferred
• College degree is required
It is essential that the candidate be an active contributor to a team of agents and assistants within the division. This position offers an excellent opportunity for growth. The salary is commensurate with experience.
This is a Full-Time, Non-Exempt Employee position. Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage, FSA, 401K.