Theater-To-Television Crossover Agent
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Confidential -New York, NY & Los Angeles, CA, US
Major entertainment company with offices in New York & Los Angeles is seeking a Theater-to-Television Crossover Agent to join the Literary Division of our agency in the New York office. In this role, the agent will help transition and assist in staffing emerging and mid-career playwrights into all areas of television, while also nurturing the growth of their independent projects, and helping foster them into possible creator and show runner roles.
- Work with existing clients on transitioning into television & film through development of pilot scripts, pitch decks, pitch prep, and networking opportunities.
- Attract new playwrights for quick transition to television.
- Connect, cultivate and maintain industry relationships in television and film, in both LA and NY.
- Support Literary staff with client maintenance and retention.
- Work as a resourceful bridge between New York & Los Angeles offices.
- Keep informed of industry trends, new talent & contacts.
- Scout various platforms for television & film project development.
- 2+ years of related professional experience
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and dramaturgical skills for pilots scripts- including reading and research, imagination, and the ability to innovate.
- Must have strong networking skills, and connections in the television/film industries.
- Awareness and understanding of the national and local field of professional theatre. Passion for Playwrights a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Final Draft.
- Self-Starter. Ability to work without supervision, and think outside the box.
- Medical/Dental Coverage, FSA, 401k
- Requires travel to Los Angeles
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online