Sr. Avid Editor
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Busy, established production company specializing in short-form digital content (primarily docu-style and varied formats of corporate video) is seeking freelance Sr. Lead AVID Editor/Preditor with extensive experience in non-broadcast content. Company produces 50-70 projects annually and is looking for talent to expand our team. Requires demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories from non-scripted elements and proficiency to take projects from ingest to finish-ready. Los Feliz location, initial engagement of 6-8 weeks with strong potential to continue beyond. Top compensation is available for the qualified candidate.
Specific job requirements include:
• A demo reel with examples of short form (5< mins.) docu-style, corporate video and/or promo editing
• Minimum 10 years' experience
• Expert proficiency on Avid/ BorisFX Continuum/ Gen Arts Sapphire
• Superior technical abilities, ability to self-diagnose/solve problems
• Demonstrated storytelling, creative abilities
• Collaborative working style
• Proficiency with copy editing / crafting concise dialogue per project messaging goals
• Strong audio mixing skills
• Heavy music editing with ability to craft dynamic, story-serving scores from library elements.
• Pro-tools proficiency preferred
• Willingness to mentor junior editors and liaise with finishing specialists including audio mix and color correction.
- introductory cover letter, resume and proposed compensation
- demo reel with your best examples of short form/docu-style/corporate and promo editing, especially assignments which you have served as Preditor.
- Thank you Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online