Social Media Video Editor / Producer
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Livestream/Twitch/YouTube Category
Search for Social Media Video Editor / Producer jobs in Remote-CA
Video Editor (Vertical Short Content)
- - About the Role:
Video Editor is one of the most important aspects of a video's creation. In this role, you'll be using the power of video editing to transform a recording into a massively entertaining piece of content that captivates audiences, maintains viewer retention, and remains creative and high quality. You should feel comfortable working under time pressure, coordinating directly with content creator and social media manager.
Ideally, we want people who go above and beyond. We're looking for a candidate to be responsible, manage their time, be in frequent communication, learn and grow overtime, and most importantly - enjoy the role of video editing. You would be either taking a long Podcast recordings or a short dedicated recording, then chopping them down, implementing audio adjustments, implementing full/large edits, and working to optimize the video throughout all of your changes.
To exceed our expectations, a candidate must be highly accountable and submit drafts far before the deadline. They must also be able to take criticism extremely well, and use it as a motivation to improve the quality and consistency of their editing skills.
- - What you'll be doing:
- Utilizing Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop, to work on a video.
- Implementing creative choices during editing - including scenario structure for animations, finding the right music for certain clips and reactions, and determining what should be supported visually/audibly in the editing process
- Clipping from long content or Podcast, and edit them down to vertical content that's easy to consume (between 30 seconds to 1 minute content)
- Watch other content creators and speak with the producer weekly on potential editing improvements and trends
- Preparing minimum 7-15 vertical content per week range from Podcast, dedicated short form content to comedy/challenge videos
- Communicate with Social Media Manager for weekly content scheduling using Asana and Google drive
- Create Standard Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) as you work on your tasks?
- - What makes you a good fit:
- Proficiency in Adobe products, specifically Final Cut Pro/Premiere Pro & Photoshop.
- A desire to constantly improve and make the perfect video, and to adjust your understanding of what a ''perfect'' video might be
- Being incredibly accountable, and meeting deadlines far in advance without sacrificing quality
- If you're able to learn and progress your understanding of video strategy quickly and without issue, in order to maximize efficiency and reduce the notetaking workload
- You show a passion for video editing, and a strong background of editing work. While a thorough background is not indicative of skill, it's helpful for us to accurately judge your abilities
- - Video Examples:
Take a look at a few examples of these editing from different creators on Instagram, we want you to be creative like these type of editing and constantly involving and trying different styles:
- - Bonus
- Fluent in English
- Understand YouTube and meme culture
- Understand good video story telling editing
Location: Fully Remote
Payment: In USD or Crypto